The Student Room Group

Cambridge: Mathematics or engineering?

Hi, I'm going into year 12 next year, doing AS's in German, math mechanics, physics and further maths. I got good GCSEs and I am strong in all subjects I am taking at AS.

I really enjoy maths (not a geek, swear!) And until recently I've been sure I want to apply to Cambridge for the engineering course, but I really like the sound of the maths (tripos) course on offer.

I am looking for advice or information about either of these and which would be best to do. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who like maths aren't geeks :I
Do whatever you enjoy more, if you prefer physics and more science and maths together, do engineering
Go to open days to see about the two subjects, see which you like better. Both degrees open a lot of doors!
engineering brah.

engineer pro's

+ respected job
+ pays well
+ people will know your smart
Original post by Allaboutthatbass
People who like maths aren't geeks :I
Do whatever you enjoy more, if you prefer physics and more science and maths together, do engineering
Go to open days to see about the two subjects, see which you like better. Both degrees open a lot of doors!

Yeah I'm planning on going to open days but I just have no idea! They would both be good..

Original post by Fairytail
engineering brah.

engineer pro's

+ respected job
+ pays well
+ people will know your smart

Yeah engineering is a nice thing to go into..
You've mentioned you enjoy maths, but haven't mentioned that you're actually interested in engineering. Unless you're actually interested in engineering, it seems that maths is the logical option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending