The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for two courses

I want to apply for both chemistry and chemical engineering however i dont know how to go about writing my personal statement without direct refering either subject
Original post by darkcompass
I want to apply for both chemistry and chemical engineering however i dont know how to go about writing my personal statement without direct refering either subject

The short answer is that you can't do that job properly. You will have to choose sooner or later, so choose first and then make a proper job of applying, because otherwise you run the risk of make both sets of admissions tutors think you don't know what their course entails.
Reply 2
You can try emailing some admissions to see if they accept a second personal statement

Either ways, just knuckle down and pick one subject and write about it. That or you could try link the two subjects together which the most common solution i.e. Are there particular topics which combine the two together?

Getting offers for 2 different courses is hardly uncommon and more than possible to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I guess it inevitable to end up picking one, its just so hard XD
Original post by darkcompass
I guess it inevitable to end up picking one, its just so hard XD

Writing two separate statements, one for each subject, might help to crystallise your thoughts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending