The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Staying in Sherfield Halls

Hi, I'm Luke

I'm going to Reading in September and I'm staying in Sherfield Hall. I wondered if there was anyone else on here staying there too? Because i don't know anyone in Reading and thought it would be good to get to know a few people in the halls before arriving. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by il_oste
Hi, I'm Luke

I'm going to Reading in September and I'm staying in Sherfield Hall. I wondered if there was anyone else on here staying there too? Because i don't know anyone in Reading and thought it would be good to get to know a few people in the halls before arriving. :smile:

Hey I'm staying in Sherfield halls aswell :smile: What course you studying? and feel free to PM me :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi Guys,
I'm staying in Sherfield Hall too. I'm studying War, Peace and International Relations. Can't wait to move in. Where are you guys from?
Reply 3
I am studying Zoology, and did my A levels in Scarborough. How about you guys? :smile:
Original post by il_oste
I am studying Zoology, and did my A levels in Scarborough. How about you guys? :smile:

Hey! I'm staying in sherfield halls too and I'm also doing zoology! :biggrin: I did my A levels in Bedfordshire :smile:
I am studying Computer Science and I took my A levels in Berkhamsted. I am so excited :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by ChloeSuperRoach
Hey! I'm staying in sherfield halls too and I'm also doing zoology! :biggrin: I did my A levels in Bedfordshire :smile:

Oh yaay :biggrin: what's your name? I'm Luke :smile:
Original post by il_oste
Oh yaay :biggrin: what's your name? I'm Luke :smile:

I'm Chloë :biggrin: it's nice to be able to talk to someone who's studying the same thing as me!! :smile:
Reply 8
I'm Chloë :biggrin: it's nice to be able to talk to someone who's studying the same thing as me!! :smile:

I know! It'll be good to know someone before we go :smile: Where are you from? :smile:
Original post by il_oste
I know! It'll be good to know someone before we go :smile: Where are you from? :smile:

Yeah exactly! :smile: I'm from Bedfordshire (it's just above London in case you didn't know where that is :smile: ) where are you from? :smile:
I'm staying in Sherfield too! I'll be studying Computer Science :smile: I'm from North London, nice to meet you guys:smile:
Reply 11
Yeah exactly! :smile: I'm from Bedfordshire (it's just above London in case you didn't know where that is :smile: ) where are you from? :smile:

I did not know where it was XD My English geography is pretty poor :P I did my A levels in Scarborough, up in North Yorkshire :smile:
Original post by il_oste
I did not know where it was XD My English geography is pretty poor :P I did my A levels in Scarborough, up in North Yorkshire :smile:

Haha don't worry, no one seems to know where it is xD haha so is mine :smile: awesome!! :smile: so how long's the journey for you to come down to Reading? :smile:
Reply 13
Haha don't worry, no one seems to know where it is xD haha so is mine :smile: awesome!! :smile: so how long's the journey for you to come down to Reading? :smile:

6-8 hours -.- but I'm going to Southampton to stay with my brother for a few days before and then he's helping with all my stuff on the train, so from there it's not far :smile:
You're close though aren't you? Are you driving or getting the train? :smile:
Original post by il_oste
6-8 hours -.- but I'm going to Southampton to stay with my brother for a few days before and then he's helping with all my stuff on the train, so from there it's not far :smile:
You're close though aren't you? Are you driving or getting the train? :smile:

Ahh that's quite a long journey!! :/ aww that's nice of him! :smile: yeah I'm pretty close! I'm driving down and it's only about an hour and a half which isn't too bad! :smile:
Reply 15
Ahh that's quite a long journey!! :/ aww that's nice of him! :smile: yeah I'm pretty close! I'm driving down and it's only about an hour and a half which isn't too bad! :smile:

That's good :smile: have you been to Reading before? :smile:
Original post by il_oste
That's good :smile: have you been to Reading before? :smile:

:smile: I've only been to reading twice, and both those times were just to visit the uni, so I haven't seen the town centre or anything like that :smile: what about you? :smile:
Reply 17
:smile: I've only been to reading twice, and both those times were just to visit the uni, so I haven't seen the town centre or anything like that :smile: what about you? :smile:

I went once for the uni as well. me an my brother had something to eat in the center but didn't really have time to explore. it does look really nice :smile:
Original post by il_oste
I went once for the uni as well. me an my brother had something to eat in the center but didn't really have time to explore. it does look really nice :smile:

Ahh that's good that it looks nice! I was worried I wouldn't like it! xD do you know if it's far from the uni to the centre? :smile:
Reply 19
Ahh that's good that it looks nice! I was worried I wouldn't like it! xD do you know if it's far from the uni to the centre? :smile:

I wouldn't worry. I think it's quite a likable place :smile: I think the uni is quite close. maybe half an hour walk or ten minutes by bus? that's a rough guess, it's probably a closer walk :smile: i think it depends on the halls as well. Sherfield is off campus and I'm hoping it's in between the uni and the centre. That would be quite convenient :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending