The Student Room Group

what's the best, most comfortable job for someone who isn't good at much?

as question says really. what's the best job i could have if i have no skills or talents, and i'm lacking in intelligence?
bearing in mind that i'm not strong physically either so i can't do hard manual labour.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is good at something and has the ability to do anything if they apply themselves.
Don't be so down about yourself!
Original post by Emmaarrgghh
Everyone is good at something and has the ability to do anything if they apply themselves.
Don't be so down about yourself!

not the response i'm looking for and not true for everyone.
Original post by AlphaNick
Tube driver

really? how much do they get paid?

isn't it unhealthy to spend so much time underground without any sunlight?
Original post by sherlockfan
not the response i'm looking for and not true for everyone.

It is true for everyone. Get off your arse, apply yourself to something and make something of yourself.
You could get the 'typical' answers like 'working in Tesco', 'sales assistant', 'cleaner'. But you know what, I have done all of those jobs in the past and they're incredibly tiring and mentally draining at times. People underestimate jobs like cleaning but it's hard work (physically) and cleaning up after other people isn't pleasant.

PS. If you want a job which requires less brain work then cleaning is probably for you. However, it is physically tiring.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
as question says really. what's the best job i could have if i have no skills or talents, and i'm lacking in intelligence?
bearing in mind that i'm not strong physically either so i can't do hard manual labour.

A school teacher. Think about it. They don't have to know much and only learn the syllabus once and they regurgitate the same crap for the rest of their "career". They can boss kids around to get a sense of authority and get a power trip to balloon their ego while enjoying long holidays.

If I ever failed at life I'd become a highschool teacher.
Reply 6
I did work experience in a library, it's the easiest most cushy job ever
Reply 7
Original post by Armin.
A school teacher. Think about it. They don't have to know much and only learn the syllabus once and they regurgitate the same crap for the rest of their "career". They can boss kids around to get a sense of authority and get a power trip to balloon their ego while enjoying long holidays.

You can't just say a career in teaching means that you're a failure! You have to have lots of skills like confidence, passion about the subject etc.

What are you hoping to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 2en1
You can't just say a career in teaching means that you're a failure! You have to have lots of skills like confidence, passion about the subject etc.

What are you hoping to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Passion about a subject isn't a skill
Original post by Armin.

People like you shouldn't be teachers. Teachers need passion, confidence and enthusiasm. People like you make horrible teachers and just suck the fun out of learning, this is why the majority of teachers nowadays leave within the first 5 years.
Original post by nick d terrier
Passion about a subject isn't a skill

However, it's essential if you want to become a good teacher.
Original post by Armin.

Teaching isnt an unskilled job dont be ridiculous.
Original post by JamGrip
I did work experience in a library, it's the easiest most cushy job ever

Pretty sure you need a degree in most places.

My ex's mum worked in a library and she was a dumb-ass.

Are you any good with people, Sherlockfan?
It is true for everyone. Get off your arse, apply yourself to something and make something of yourself.
You could get the 'typical' answers like 'working in Tesco', 'sales assistant', 'cleaner'. But you know what, I have done all of those jobs in the past and they're incredibly tiring and mentally draining at times. People underestimate jobs like cleaning but it's hard work (physically) and cleaning up after other people isn't pleasant.

PS. If you want a job which requires less brain work then cleaning is probably for you. However, it is physically tiring.

Nah mate, its no use trying to be someone i never will.
Cleaning is clearly not the best job to have in any scenario.
i will employ you as a paperweight
Nah mate, its no use trying to be someone i never will.
Cleaning is clearly not the best job to have in any scenario.

It's a job, nonetheless :rolleyes:
Reply 17

A degree to be a librarian? Are you serious what next a degree to become a garbage man. I feel like a lot of non STEM degrees should be scrapped starting from the Humanities and ending at all the sports degree.
People like you shouldn't be teachers. Teachers need passion, confidence and enthusiasm. People like you make horrible teachers and just suck the fun out of learning, this is why the majority of teachers nowadays leave within the first 5 years.

Don't be ridiculous. None of your teachers enjoy teaching past their first years because it's a repetitive job where you deal with the same ****s year in and year out. You may find a decent pupil once in your "career" and that's it.

I mean it's such an uninspiring job as you see people moving on every year while you relive the same experience with different students every year. It's like being a broken record.
My ex's mum worked in a library and she was a dumb-ass.

Are you any good with people, Sherlockfan?

Whenever ive seen an ad for a librarian they always say they require someone with a degree.
I try to be, but no, not really
Reply 19

What ever you enjoy doing, thats how EVERY business starts

Quick Reply

Latest