The Student Room Group

Best CV editing guide or service?

Ok guys, I think my CV stinks because I am getting NO RESPONSES from like a 100 job applications.

Can anyone recommend a CV review or editing service to make sure that my CV isn't letting me down?

TSR have people who can help you. They usually have CV helper written next to their name. You can PM me it and I can take a look, if you want (or completely give you a template to redo it).

My credentials: I've been to like 50x CV/interview skills workshops :K::lol: and mine landed me a job this summer.

Here, have a look at mine:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
TSR have people who can help you. They usually have CV helper written next to their name. You can PM me it and I can take a look, if you want (or completely give you a template to redo it).

My credentials: I've been to like 50x CV/interview skills workshops :K::lol: and mine landed me a job this summer.

Here, have a look at mine:

Serious question, have you seriously not worked before 2014?
Original post by DiddyDec
Serious question, have you seriously not worked before 2014?

I have, but I update it to include recent ones. The second experience on that list is from 2012-2014, if you hadn't noticed. Also I've just finished A levels so I'm still in education, so I don't think extensive work experience is expected. Useful nonetheless to develop competencies.
(edited 9 years ago)
Try Resume Rebrand. They've done a fabulous job on several of my friends/family's CVs. Despite the name, they are in the UK.
I have, but I update it to include recent ones. The second experience on that list is from 2012-2014, if you hadn't noticed. Also I've just finished A levels so I'm still in education, so I don't think extensive work experience is expected. Useful nonetheless to develop competencies.

Why don't you just have a 2 page CV, then you can fit more work on to it.
CV

looks good might copy your formatting
Original post by DiddyDec
Why don't you just have a 2 page CV, then you can fit more work on to it.

Because no-one, including myself wants to read a 2 page CV from an 18 year old.

Quick Reply

Latest