The Student Room Group

X Factor Thread 2014

This is the thread for X Factor 2014. Bit of girl band rivalry on the judging panel this year!
What does everyone else think? Who are the top contenders? Who are the underdogs that we love?

Scroll to see replies

I hate to admit I'm watching it
Garbage show
Cheryl is such a sort. Absolutely stunning
Are they taking the piss? That guy with the baby was AWFUL.
Reply 5
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Cheryl is such a sort. Absolutely stunning

did you see her in the leather right at the start? mother of god..

Original post by Skip_Snip

i was disappointed with the lack of fit female auditionees
Original post by Skip_Snip

He was basically shouting. And his voice at the start was just horrible

Original post by white boy
did you see her in the leather right at the start? mother of god..

Didn't catch the beginning because of doctor who, but I'll be googling it. I can assure you of that
Reply 7
That posh girl is so annoying.

Oh, and she's auditioned before WITHOUT her posh accent apparently.
I don't get why the other judges were so shocked about what Louis said about Hip and Kitten ... we were all thinking it til she told us that.

As for the French girl - that was INCREDIBLE ... didn't even realise such a note was possible.
The current panel is so-so. Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole look awkward together, Mel B's not as terrible as I expected but not particularly memorable either and Louis Walsh....well, X Factor wouldn't be the same without him. I think the best judge is Simon Cowell, who as always is great. Honest and funny, he is the one who knows how to judge. Cheryl Cole, on the other hand, seems shy and doesn't really say a lot.

The talent is still sub-standard. Nothing compared to 2009(the show's best year so far). There have been some good ones so far but noone who will be the new Olly Murs or Alexandra Burke.
Reply 10
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I don't get why the other judges were so shocked about what Louis said about Hip and Kitten ... we were all thinking it til she told us that.

As for the French girl - that was INCREDIBLE ... didn't even realise such a note was possible.

yeah i was certainly thinking it. Hip looked a bit like Pitbull as well which is never good.

tbh i don't understand how someone as bad as the french girl can NOT realise how bad they are. maybe i'm just being cynical but i wouldn't be surprised if the producers had set her up and said "just come in and be awful and you'll get on tv".

Original post by Unibuster325
The current panel is so-so. Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole look awkward together, Mel B's not as terrible as I expected but not particularly memorable either and Louis Walsh....well, X Factor wouldn't be the same without him. I think the best judge is Simon Cowell, who as always is great. Honest and funny, he is the one who knows how to judge. Cheryl Cole, on the other hand, seems shy and doesn't really say a lot.

The talent is still sub-standard. Nothing compared to 2009(the show's best year so far). There have been some good ones so far but noone who will be the new Olly Murs or Alexandra Burke.

i like having cheryl just to look at and listen to her accent tbh.

in terms of the talent.. same old **** really. the thing that annoys me is that it rarely seems to be "normal" people auditioning (or they don't put the normal ones on tv). i don't buy for a second that all these groups haven't had coaching of some kind and possibly been approached by producers to come on the show. it's also quite annoying that they try to put a spin or a story on EVERY audition. like ITV is telling viewers how to feel about each audition.
Reply 11
how fit does cheryl cole look

I agree :lol: #girlcrush

and that posh girl annoyed me :K:
i like having cheryl just to look at and listen to her accent tbh.

I couldn't care less about Cheryl Cole's accent or her looks, to be honest. I've seen prettier people on TV(Jenna Coleman, for example). I just wish she was a better judge and said a bit more than she tends to.

in terms of the talent.. same old **** really. the thing that annoys me is that it rarely seems to be "normal" people auditioning (or they don't put the normal ones on tv). i don't buy for a second that all these groups haven't had coaching of some kind and possibly been approached by producers to come on the show. it's also quite annoying that they try to put a spin or a story on EVERY audition. like ITV is telling viewers how to feel about each audition

I find it annoying how they always have to have novelty acts. Last year's series thankfully managed to avoid them but the trouble with last year's was that the talent wasn't strong enough to still make the show entertaining without those acts. It would be great if they could just have one series with strong singing talent and no novelty acts for once.
Reply 13
I think the current panel is probably the strongest its ever been tbh. The competition is in dire need of taking a break, though. It's been relentless for a decade - they should take a few years off and come back with new excitement, like Ant and Dec did with Saturday Night Takeaway.
Ah, love how everyone conveniently forgets that Cheryl Tweedy is a racist who punches people in the face.....
Reply 15
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Ah, love how everyone conveniently forgets that Cheryl Tweedy is a racist who punches people in the face.....

give it a rest.

firstly, even if true it doesn't affect how fit she is. secondly, remind me of the story? iirc she was cleared of racially aggravated assault so she really just punched someone in the face.. big whoop.
give it a rest.

firstly, even if true it doesn't affect how fit she is. secondly, remind me of the story? iirc she was cleared of racially aggravated assault so she really just punched someone in the face.. big whoop.

Haha blinded by a half attractive woman. She punched a woman in the face unprovoked and shouted racial slurs at her. She probably got away with it because she paid the woman off. She's a vile chav, she just has a good PR and stylist team.
Reply 17
Haha blinded by a half attractive woman. She punched a woman in the face unprovoked and shouted racial slurs at her. She probably got away with it because she paid the woman off. She's a vile chav, she just has a good PR and stylist team.

which one of us is blinded by the "half" (really?) attractive woman? you girls just can't get along.
(edited 9 years ago)
which one of us is blinded by the "half" (really?) attractive woman? you girls just can't get along.

Nah, I can give credit where it's due. Unfortunately Cheryl Cole is a talentless, classless chav (have you not seen her tattoos?) who only looks alright now after extensive dental and cosmetic work (look at what she used to look like..)
Reply 19
Nah, I can give credit where it's due. Unfortunately Cheryl Cole is a talentless, classless chav (have you not seen her tattoos?) who only looks alright now after extensive dental and cosmetic work (look at what she used to look like..)

poor quality vid but she looks alright to me.

i don't really want to get into the ins and outs of her character (never met her). the ass tattoo was a blunder for sure. still very very fit though which was my only point to begin with.

Quick Reply

Latest