The Student Room Group

X Factor Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unibuster325
I don't think that's clear at all. She just seems wonderfully eccentric to me, like X Factor's Lettuce Rowbottom.

It all seems so put on. If she genuinely was a free spirited soul with a penchant for vintage style.. Why would she even want to audition for X factor. It's manufactured and superficial nature goes against everything she embodies.

Thing is, a lot of successful artists only made it after carefully calculating a new image. Lana del rey and Lady Gaga being the biggest offenders here. It's just what you have to do these days if you're slightly lacking in genuine talent.
Reply 61
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I just watched Fridays episode (X factor is on Fridays now... Who knew) and it's so OBVIOUS which girls were going to get seats. Those two girls they ended up swapping out (orla? And the one who looks like leona lewis) haven't been featured in any of the pre-show clips.. I don't think they even had a little section where they spoke to them before their first audition. Clearly, the final lineup is chosen right from the beginning and has little to do with their talent. As for that Chloe jasmine.. I can't believe it whatsoever! Not only is she absolutely rubbish, she's clearly a fame hungry wannabe with a fake accent. It's so strange, I wish it wasn't so fake. I used to actually enjoy it but now it's painful to watch.

it's almost completely manufactured now.

not sure how true this is but i remember reading/hearing that sometimes the producers approach people to take part in the show and possibly guarantee them passage to a certain point in the show. it may have been about britain's got talent but as both are simon cowell's invention it probably happens on both shows.

i'm sure the contestants have to sign a contract with Syco at some point in the show anyway so once that's taken place the show is just a platform for Cowell to market whichever one has the potential to make the most money.
Reply 62
Eight people in one band? Who do they think they are? Arcade Fire?
I hate xfactor. Think I kind of have a girl crush on cheryl though. Simons went soft in his old age, mel b Is a Piece of 💩 and those blonde burds are off wae it. I hate xfactor yay x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by Leanneloxx
I hate xfactor. Think I kind of have a girl crush on cheryl though. Simons went soft in his old age, mel b Is a Piece of and those blonde burds are off wae it. I hate xfactor yay x

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao. i agree with all of these statements.
That Raign girl may be a bit mad for it but she's the most talented with the songs she's written.

It all seems so put on. If she genuinely was a free spirited soul with a penchant for vintage style.. Why would she even want to audition for X factor. It's manufactured and superficial nature goes against everything she embodies.

Thing is, a lot of successful artists only made it after carefully calculating a new image. Lana del rey and Lady Gaga being the biggest offenders here. It's just what you have to do these days if you're slightly lacking in genuine talent.

Gaga is one of the most talented people in the business. She's amazing live with powerful vocals and writes all her songs.
Lana isn't strong live but is very original.
Original post by Strawberry68
That Raign girl may be a bit mad for it but she's the most talented with the songs she's written.

Gaga is one of the most talented people in the business. She's amazing live with powerful vocals and writes all her songs.
Lana isn't strong live but is very original.

I'm not saying she isn't talented, I saw her live a few years back and was pleasantly surprised. However, unfortunately in the over saturated market of the music industry unless you have a phenomenal talent then it's very hard to get noticed. That's why a lot of artists create an image for themselves to stand out and be remembered.

However I certainly couldn't say lady Gaga was one of the most talented people in the music industry, that's a bit farfetched.
I'm not saying she isn't talented, I saw her live a few years back and was pleasantly surprised. However, unfortunately in the over saturated market of the music industry unless you have a phenomenal talent then it's very hard to get noticed. That's why a lot of artists create an image for themselves to stand out and be remembered.

However I certainly couldn't say lady Gaga was one of the most talented people in the music industry, that's a bit farfetched.

How many artists create and write all of their content and can perform it flawlessly? Not many.
Gaga can do all that, so is one of the most talented. It's not far fetched at all.
How many artists create and write all of their content and can perform it flawlessly? Not many.
Gaga can do all that, so is one of the most talented. It's not far fetched at all.

Haha I won't argue with the gaga fan!

*backs away slowly*
Reply 69
I'd be livid if Louis was my mentor.

Most bands (actual bands, not vocal groups) write their own stuff.
Haha I won't argue with the gaga fan!

*backs away slowly*

You sensible person :wink:

Original post by Skip_Snip
Most bands (actual bands, not vocal groups) write their own stuff.

I'm mainly referring to the world of pop but yeah most bands do :tongue:
These Xfactor threads used to be so buzzing. What happened to them, I remember 2-3 years ago we'd burn through like 60 pages in a weekend. A lot of those posters are gone, and tbh the show lacking in talent when compared to previous years imo. Still I have high hopes for a few acts, particularly the overs and OTY.
This year's series is the best in years. A lot of strong talent that should hopefully result in the show beating Strictly next week.,
I quite like Only the Young, and the black lady with big hair.No-one else is too memorable, unless it's for stupid reasons, like what's his nuts, "my bother died, I don't want sympathy though *stage cry* I'm doing this for my brother".
I love the lady with the big hair in Simon's group. Her performance at Simon's house was really good.

Other than that, so far the quality seems quite... low.
Original post by Unibuster325
This year's series is the best in years. A lot of strong talent that should hopefully result in the show beating Strictly next week.,

Who do you think are the best? I've missed quite a few episodes so far, so still trying to catch up on the best acts.
Reply 77
Can't believe Cheryl didn't take the shoe shop worker...

Simon's category was a joke.
Original post by Mackay
Can't believe Cheryl didn't take the shoe shop worker...

Simon's category was a joke.

Yes! So annoyed that Cheryl took the 16 year old and that annoying queef Chloe, hope she goes in the first week. Can't stand her.

I think Simon made the right choices in Ben and Fleur, both of them are great. Not so keen on the other guy he put through, would have rathered the woman with the kids.
Reply 79
Chloe Jasmine is this year's Katie Waissell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending