The Student Room Group

"The most attractive thing is to be able to make a girl laugh"

I've heard this sentiment expressed quite a lot, most often from girls themselves. Sometimes I've even heard it said that this can cover up other shortcomings, like being ugly. However, I haven't experienced much to support this. I'm a typical early 20s male with negligible relationship experience (as you'll have guessed); however, I can often make girls laugh very easily. This has rarely led any girl to want to start or continue a conversation with me and it's never led to me being approached.

I'm aware that a sense of humour is not the only thing that matters. Furthermore, I'm a short, ugly man (I'm in good shape though), which will put people off. It's just the way that being funny is apparantly so attractive would have made me think that this would have led to some romantic success on my part.

Thoughts?
Reply 1
aesthetics > everything
The key is that they should be laughing with you. :colone:
Reply 3
penis size > aesthetics > everything
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've heard this sentiment expressed quite a lot, most often from girls themselves. Sometimes I've even heard it said that this can cover up other shortcomings, like being ugly. However, I haven't experienced much to support this. I'm a typical early 20s male with negligible relationship experience (as you'll have guessed); however, I can often make girls laugh very easily. This has rarely led any girl to want to start or continue a conversation with me and it's never led to me being approached.

I'm aware that a sense of humour is not the only thing that matters. Furthermore, I'm a short, ugly man (I'm in good shape though), which will put people off. It's just the way that being funny is apparantly so attractive would have made me think that this would have led to some romantic success on my part.

Thoughts?

Ugly is relative these days. Do you have good personal hygene, dress nice, and have a good hair style? If you answered yes too all these then you have no worries. It's all about the confidence you exude and the pride you take in yourself. Not everyone is born pretty but we can sure try. My coussin is not a good looking man, overweight, weak,bad skin, and he's marrying a knockout!
Reply 5
It is all about looks, everything is based on that. The sayings "love is in the eye of the beholder" and "It is what matters inside" is a load of bull****. In the real world as long as you have the looks, personality is meaningless
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
You just Havnt found the right girl yet .the right girl will like and accept you for who you are rather than looks.More than making a girl laugh you need to be able to connect with her on an emotional level . Also very rarely will girls start a convo so it's best you do with a general topic and then tailor your convo.
(edited 9 years ago)
The most attractive thing is making her come.
it gets a bit awkward when you say something that really isn't that funny but then they laugh hysterically for ages, and people start looking at you.
Original post by Anonymous
I've heard this sentiment expressed quite a lot, most often from girls themselves.

Girls will laugh a lot at a guy they fancy even if he isn't being that funny, so if they are saying this they probably mean they find themselves laughing a lot because they already fancied him, and so they associate guys they laugh a lot around with guys they fancy.

It doesn't do any harm if you are quick witted and naturally funny at the right occasion but I have to say there is nothing more annoying or obvious than someone trying to be funny to 'impress'.

I see this sometimes if I'm sat round a group with my mates and then some girls join and suddenly the nature of the conversation changes, the guys are all searching for the humorous comment, it rarely works but it always looks totally obvious.

Also there are some guys whose interactions with girls are based on them trying to appear smart and funny (in the way people often use their twitter) and it just looks lame.

I think unfortunately some guys that are naturally quite witty end up going too far, because they start to build their self-image of themselves as 'the funny guy' and try too hard.
Looks last for about 2 minutes - if the man is kind, trustworthy, reliable he'll get a good person who can see past superficial attractiveness and are in it for the long haul.

A beautiful person doesn't seem beautiful for long if they behave badly, have no conversation and act like a horror.

Good looks will get you a first or even second date but won't keep the girl. The world is full of men who think money, looks or - heaven help us p size ( you have to wonder what these men know about a woman's body) are what is important and then they wonder why their girl friends are always wandering off.......????
Reply 11
Original post by iamu
aesthetics > everything

If she can't tell the difference between a closed door and a wall then no.
But you're just repeating what I've said I've already heard multiple times.
everyone who is talking semi-seriously about how having a big dick is important has clearly never had the sex
Original post by MrAngel
Ugly is relative these days. Do you have good personal hygene, dress nice, and have a good hair style? If you answered yes too all these then you have no worries. It's all about the confidence you exude and the pride you take in yourself. Not everyone is born pretty but we can sure try. My coussin is not a good looking man, overweight, weak,bad skin, and he's marrying a knockout!

This x100000

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending