The Student Room Group

Personal t-shirt ideas - opinions wanted, and indeed welcome

I want to get some personal t-shirts done, y'know with quotes and sayings and expressions and pictures and stuff on. I have some ideas, and I wondered what your opinions on them are, and can you tell me which ones you especially like. Oh soem of them I took from you lot because I liked them, and either kept them the same or modified them. If you see one that you had can you tell me, so I can say where I got them from (on my list, not on the actual t-shirts). And I checked for this, and there is no thread on it. And mabye you lot could suggest some. I'm not looking for anything in particular, funny, about emotions, god/atheism, pictures, quotes, comments whatever. Oh yeah, how much do you reckon they may cost? I'm gonna ask about this in the Leeds uni forum as I'm going there, and I'd like to know if there is any facilities that do them, or if I'll have to go into town, or order them online from somewhere.

This is my current list:
“I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.” - Aristotle

“The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.” - Edward R. Murrow

“You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.” - Mark Twain

“It's OK to talk to yourself, just as long as you listen.” - Sazarina88

“We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation.” - Francois De La Rochefoucauld

“No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.” - Terry Josephson

“It is easier to accept criticism than praise, the same as it is easier to list your faults than your good points.” - Author Unknown

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved, perfect body. Rather we should skid in sideways, martini in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, screaming WOO HOO! What a ride!”

“Don’t knock masturbation- its sex with someone I love” - Woody Allen

“Heh, my comment was unhelpful. Oh well, such is life.”

“I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

“Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.” - Maxine Waters, in Brian Lanker, I Dream a World, 1989

“Anger is passion, and passion is beautiful.” - Matthew Peckett

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” - Richard Dawkins

“If you say you can, or if you say you can't - you're right.” - Henry Ford

“I have heard that a bad workman blames his tools, but it seems to me that a man who uses those tools is a fool”

“Of the thirty-six ways of avoiding disaster, running away is the worst.” - Japanese Proverb. (Provided by teh johnny)

“I once wondered about the meaning of life. So I looked in a dictionary, and there it was. I was quite disappointed.” = Oziris

I have found a good site with quotes on too, here

How can I put the pictures up so that they are on the screen automatically, rather than having to click on an image file I provide to see them?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I plan to get one done that has a big while 'LOL' on the front.
Reply 2
matt@internet
I want to get some personal t-shirts done, y'know with quotes and sayings and expressions and pictures and stuff on. I have some ideas, and I wondered what your opinions on them are, and can you tell me which ones you especially like. Oh soem of them I took from you lot because I liked them, and either kept them the same or modified them. If you see one that you had can you tell me, so I can say where I got them from (on my list, not on the actual t-shirts). And I checked for this, and there is no thread on it. And mabye you lot could suggest some. I'm not looking for anything in particular, funny, about emotions, god/atheism, pictures, quotes, comments whatever. Oh yeah, how much do you reckon they may cost? I'm gonna ask about this in the Leeds uni forum as I'm going there, and I'd like to know if there is any facilities that do them, or if I'll have to go into town, or order them online from somewhere.

This is my current list:
“I have gained this from philosophy: that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.” - Aristotle

“The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.” - Edward R. Murrow

“You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.” - Mark Twain

“It's OK to talk to yourself, just as long as you listen.” - Sazarina88

“We are more often treacherous through weakness than through calculation.” - Francois De La Rochefoucauld

“No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head.” - Terry Josephson

“It is easier to accept criticism than praise, the same as it is easier to list your faults than your good points.” - Author Unknown

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved, perfect body. Rather we should skid in sideways, martini in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, screaming WOO HOO! What a ride!”

“Don’t knock masturbation- its sex with someone I love” - Woody Allen

“Heh, my comment was unhelpful. Oh well, such is life.”

“I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence.” - William F. Buckley, Jr.

“Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Men show their characters in nothing more clearly than in what they think laughable.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“When a man is angry, he offers his own truth.” - Matthew Peckett

“I have a right to my anger, and I don't want anybody telling me I shouldn't be, that it's not nice to be, and that something's wrong with me because I get angry.” - Maxine Waters, in Brian Lanker, I Dream a World, 1989

“Anger is passion, and passion is beautiful.” - Matthew Peckett

“Spite is born of anger; insults thrown in anger are truthful, in spite lies, though you can’t always distinguish between the two.” - Matthew Peckett

“Jealousy is always accompanied by anger, but anger is not always accompanied by jealousy.” - Matthew Peckett

“We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” - Richard Dawkins

“If you say you can, or if you say you can't - you're right.” - Henry Ford

“I have heard that a bad workman blames his tools, but it seems to me that a man who uses those tools is a fool”

I have found a good site with quotes on too, here

How can I put the pictures up so that they are on the screen automatically, rather than having to click on an image file I provide to see them?

Thanks

How about

"I have no idea how anyone is actually going to take the time to read what is written on this t-shirt, even if it is quotes from Aristotle so to be honest If I am going to write more than one line, it might as well be mr blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby blobby for the notice poeple will take"
I'd take time to read something like that, even if they were'nt asking for my opinion, but especially if they were asking for it. They have the courtesy to think my poinion is worth something so I have trhe courtesy to offer it.
BTW despite how that may sound I'm not trying to say that people who don't read it or offer their opinion.
And I would like to offer a pre-emptive "No, I'm not", to the person who will more than likely say that it is exactly what I'm doing.
I like the Woody Allen one.

It would work, i think.
Are you going to make the t shirts yourself?
Reply 6
el scotto is ure man matt, he's got a valid point

i think the quotes just require too much thinking and reading time

you need to find quotes that are: snappy / witty / to the point / maybe to an extent a bit cheap (just like the woody allen)

the audience you are aiming these quoted t-shirts at, most likely wouldn't wear this stuff

or perhaps you could use these quotes but change your product to:mugs (i think) / key rings / bookmarks
Reply 7
My favourite quote of recent times....

I love women, they can make you feel so good about yourself, sometimes without realising it

...sound familiar? :love:?
Reply 8
Personally I always thought it'd be fun to have a t-shirt with my own face on it. Do that. Also, I like that William Buckley quote.
Bubblebee
My favourite quote of recent times....

I love women, they can make you feel so good about yourself, sometimes without realising it

...sound familiar? :love:?

:biggrin:. That's a good one. I'll get it made, with "For bubblebee" or something to that effect on it, waddya reckon :biggrin:.?

graveyarddreams

Are you going to make the t shirts yourself?

No, as I said above I'll get them printed somewhere. And I'm having them for my personal use, not ordering in bulk. I just like shirts with quotes and funny pictures on them.

m.a.y.a
el scotto is ure man matt, he's got a valid point

i think the quotes just require too much thinking and reading time

Fair point.

I have only one shirt with a message on the front, but it got me hooked and now I want a load more. Mine says "BEWARE THE ONE LEGGED SPACE PIGEONS ARE PLOTTING OUR DEMISE"

A guy I knew had one entitled "Recipe for Sex" and it had funny steps on it, including "Don't lick bowl after use"

One I wanna get from Funky Munky in Meadowhall (provided they still have it) read "I FOUND JESUS. HE WAS HIDING BEHIND THE COUCH THE WHOLE TIME".

m.a.y.a
you need to find quotes that are: snappy / witty / to the point / maybe to an extent a bit cheap (just like the woody allen)

I see your point. My brother's got a really good book, with amusing comments from actors, and artists and scholars and stuff. I'll look at that and maybe get some ideas from it.
I'm like a sponge, I just absorb information. I like yours Bubblebee "Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted.... he lived happily ever after. "

Ooohh, 1 more post and I'll have reached my thousand. Beter not waste this historic moment, I'd better say something really witty or profound. Or maybe I'll just piss it away. :biggrin:
You don't want something philosophical on the tee-shirt. You want something which is personal and/or funny or memorable to your or something like that. For example, I've got a tee-shirt with a Malcolm X quote: "Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.". Its the way I live my life, and from someone I look upto. The actual quote is pretty small and is at the back, with a pic of Malcolm X on the front (how I bought it).

Don't try to do too much with the tee, either.. because then it'd look crap. Either a quote or a picture. Putting both on a tee is a bit risky, but would looke dope if it goes well.

If you're coming to Leeds, get down to the White Rose Centre. There's a stall there that does customised t-shirts. Check them out.. I don't know if they do pictures, though.

:yy:.. at least you're trying to be different and unique, which is more than what I can say for 99% of people I'm seeing about these days.
Such as "To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition" or "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens". Both Woody Allen.
Whatever you think is witty/funny/relevant/unique and describes/shows an aspect of your personality. Its all good. :yy:
How about a t-shirt with a picture of a glass of beer on the front and the quote "this is actually a blank t-shirt and you're an alcoholic."
and what about "now if you take the all the time that everyone has spent reading this t-shirt and add it all together then this t-shirt is so great people have been staring at it for days!"
Now only one type of person can understand this t-shirt

eht epyt taht sah neeb gnirats ta ym tsehc rof net !setunim

(if you read the individual words back to front then it says... "the type that has been staring at my chest for ten minutes!")
Hehe, my quote is from the Gene Wilder Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I think it's my favourite part of that film... when he says it I go all tingley!

Good luck with your teeshirts!
Reply 19
'I'm not looking at you, i'm looking at your friend'

'Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians'

'It's my monkey and i'll spank it as hard as i like' (Preferably with a pic of a monkey though :wink:)

Latest

Trending

Trending