The Student Room Group

cant get stronger on military press

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Try the push press with a heavier weight instead of the military press to see if you can shock your muscles into lifting heavier weight.
Reply 21
OHP is one of the hardest exercises to progress on, use micro plates and flex your flutes
Original post by TirnanF
Try the push press with a heavier weight instead of the military press to see if you can shock your muscles into lifting heavier weight.

all about dat muscle confusion brah

OP superset curls inbetween sets.
Just checked out ICF and it seems OK...no pull-ups or dips though and they're the two things that packed on good mass in the right places for me.
Original post by ElChapo
Why on earth is ICF 5x5 so popular?

Because it covers all noob bases, plus Blaha is a decent source of knowledge

Original post by ElChapo
Where is the proof for your body looking better on this program?

Check out illusionz blog on the fitness blogs

Original post by ElChapo
I would follow one of these programs if I went to a less busy gym maybe, it's a pain in the ass if you try and follow these programs exactly. Also I've read in so many places that 8-12 is the rep range you target ideally for hypertrophy, and 5 reps is more for strength. Therefore won't your gains be slower on these programs?

5 reps lies in the a middle ground of size and strength. 3 reps is a more strength rep range.
That said you'll build size on low rep ranges, I ran SS and made all kinds of size gains. Theres some data that suggests that you'll build the same size on low rep ranges to high.

Original post by Magnetist-Master
Just checked out ICF and it seems OK...no pull-ups or dips though and they're the two things that packed on good mass in the right places for me.

If you watch the original video, once you're able to, you do chins instead of curls on one of the days (A/B)
Whilst dips can be substituted for skullcrushers

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest