The Student Room Group

Is it possible to attend two different universities at the same time?

I want to become a choreographer but my family wants me to do business too. Which I'm fine with as I do want to have both degrees and if I don't mange to go far as a choreographer.

I'm planning to apply to the Danish national school for performing arts and CBS (Copenhagen) for international relations or business. I know there are universities which will do both but both of my brothers are there in CBS and I love Denmark. (My brothers and I grew up together in a boarding school until my oldest brother left years ago and my other brother a few months ago so it's really hard to be apart specially since we been at boarding since we were 8)

Will it be possible to attend both unis at the same time? They are 20mins apart and will it be possible to like ask them to help me with the time table? Is it even allowed to study at two universities at the same time in Denmark?

I'm used to the stress between the two. I been a dancer my whole life and an IB student and my predicted score is 42. I'm also getting a HL diploma for dance.
Yes, it is possible. But unless one of them is a long-distance/part-time one, the universities would not let you do it if they find it out.
Reply 2
It is possible. 20 minutes is pretty close, too. It will the depend on the country's legislation (I don't know about Denmark) and the universities' attitudes whether is is actually allowed. I used to take two full-time courses at the same university, but the buildings were 15 to 20 minutes apart. Therefore, I sometimes had to leave 5 minutes early or arrive 5 minutes late. Finally, I discontinued one of the courses because the teachers there did not like my frequent absence (despite getting the top grades in class). My other course was extremely flexible. They didn't mind if I didn't show up as long as my grades were excellent. If you happen to find two courses/universities of the last kind there will probably not be any problem.

PS: What help would you expect to get with the timetable?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending