The Student Room Group

is maths A2 hard???

I will be studying c3 c4 M1 in A2. How hard are these modules compared to c1 c2 s1? in what ways are they similar/different or easier/harder??
Thanksss!
Original post by anonymous98765
I will be studying c3 c4 M1 in A2. How hard are these modules compared to c1 c2 s1? in what ways are they similar/different or easier/harder??
Thanksss!

M1 is similarish to S1.
C3 and C4 are much harder than C1 and C2 but manageable with sufficient practice.
grrr :bee:
Original post by anonymous98765
Thanksss!

I did all 6 this year and I'd say C3, C4 and M1 are all perfectly doable in a year. What I say regarding applied modules obviously depends on whether you prefer mechanics or statistics:
If you're taking Physics, M1 will seem less of a workload than statistics was. Otherwise, I found S1 easier.
The questions and algebraic fluency required in C3 and C4 tends to be significantly more sophisticated than in C1 and C2. Just make sure you do plenty of practice, and keep on top of the work. If there's something you haven't quite understood in C1/C2, then make sure you crack it as these basics are fundamental in A2 mathematics.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest