The Student Room Group

He cheated on me.

He slept with her, and he loves her, so he's breaking up with me.

(Over facebook, he's in America and we haven't seen each other for 2 months)

Advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beccagood95

Advice?

I'm so sorry...I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now.
Cut all ties with him. Delete him on Facebook, Twitter, instagram...everything. Think forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm terribly sorry to hear that and although it's not going to be easy you need to move on with your life. Think strong and get a good support network of family and friends around you and focus on things that keep you engaged. Channel all of your energy and emotion into something proactive and don't let it get the better of you. Time is a healer.
Original post by Nicholas Brody
I'm terribly sorry to hear that and although it's not going to be easy you need to move on with your life. Think strong and get a good support network of family and friends around you and focus on things that keep you engaged. Channel all of your energy and emotion into something proactive and don't let it get the better of you. Time is a healer.

It's just hard to not let it get the better of me. I'm shaking all over, and all I can think of is how that girl was thinking about me and probably how stupid I am and how he doesn't love me.

I won't be able to sleep, but I want to sleep because I'm shaking and I want the thoughts to stop.
It's just hard to not let it get the better of me. I'm shaking all over, and all I can think of is how that girl was thinking about me and probably how stupid I am and how he doesn't love me.

I won't be able to sleep, but I want to sleep because I'm shaking and I want the thoughts to stop.

Do you have someone you can call and talk to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
Do you have someone you can call and talk to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I briefly talked to one of my friends who was really supportive, and I messaged my brother who came in and hugged me. But at this time of night, it's a bit hard to get enough people to talk to, not that any amount will make me feel better.
He's not worth your time, thoughts or emotions. Cut off contact and take no prisoners. Also a reminder: there is nothing about which you should feel humiliated. It wasn't your fault and you did nothing to cause this or bring shame on yourself.

There is an end to all things.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
End it.
Original post by Exon
End it.

Unfortunately, I didn't even get the satisfaction, he broke up with me. :mad:
Reply 9

Sorry to hear that.
Eurgh, I had the worst nights sleep. I definitely think I should go back to my Uni flat, my friend is there and I think getting away from our home town and living somewhere with stuff to do will take my mind off of it.
I don't know you at all but I can tell, beyond all reasonable doubt, that you deserve better than him.

I fly pigeons right, and this is the good equation. These pigeons live with each other for 10 or 15 years right, but when I throw feed down, they kill each other to get it, and its the same with people. We're like mercenaries, we love and respect each other but we need to get it in.
Original post by barneystin
I fly pigeons right, and this is the good equation. These pigeons live with each other for 10 or 15 years right, but when I throw feed down, they kill each other to get it, and its the same with people. We're like mercenaries, we love and respect each other but we need to get it in.

... Huh?

I don't like this advice.
... Huh?

I don't like this advice.

What do you not like:confused:

My point about the pigeons was that some people just have to be the beast, they have to be the savage. Just to put in place the heredites and bourgeoisie that call them trash and scum. they'll be trash and scum, but they'll be angelic trash and scum; its not personal.
Original post by barneystin
What do you not like:confused:

My point about the pigeons was that some people just have to be the beast, they have to be the savage. Just to put in place the heredites and bourgeoisie that call them trash and scum. they'll be trash and scum, but they'll be angelic trash and scum; its not personal.

I hope you're not a troll, I'm really not up for that at the moment.
But if you're not, that doesn't seem to relate to my problems.
I hope you're not a troll, I'm really not up for that at the moment.
But if you're not, that doesn't seem to relate to my problems.

well the point im trying to make, I did not want to make outright as it blunt and harsh advice, that may not help if you are still hurting. However if you re read what I posted the message is definitely there. :smile:
Wow that is horrible what he done but at least he came clean and you now know you deserve to be with someone better. It'll hurt like hell for a while but I promise it will slowly get better and you'll feel ready to love again through time but just take everything one day at a time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You deserve better.
Cut all ties with him, block his number, block his FB, block his Twitter and everything else. Delete all the photos you have of him (or untag yourself) and start completely anew.
What a ****ing ********!

Advice?

well at least now you know he's an idiot! and you have a great opportunity to find someone better and have fun :wink: give it some time. xxx

Quick Reply

Latest