The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance ?

I got AABC in Math,Further Math,Economics and Chemistry respectively and I would like to apply to Economics/Mathematics and Economics at University of Warwick.Initially,I had wanted to apply to LSE but my grades are supposed to be not good enough so I changed my mind :-)
I got an A in one module of Chemistry and I think I can resit two other modules to push my overall grades up.Should I drop the Chemistry for A2?
If you are definitely going to do maths/economics for uni, then yes, its worth just concentrating on maths and economics for A2. I think you may stand more chance of getting onto the maths and economics courses. Its probably worth applying to warwick, and since you have 5 choices you could also put in an application for a london uni.
Original post by sunnydespair
If you are definitely going to do maths/economics for uni, then yes, its worth just concentrating on maths and economics for A2. I think you may stand more chance of getting onto the maths and economics courses. Its probably worth applying to warwick, and since you have 5 choices you could also put in an application for a london uni.

I read some entry requirement for Economics at Warwick which asks for 4 subjects like A*AAB as minimum grades, so is it worth applying to that course without dropping chemistry because I also plan to apply to Economics at UCL which is very competitive,I think.
So at the moment you're looking at lse, ucl and warwick. I would probably have one safe insurance choice. And one moderate choice. And drop chemistry. And try to apply for courses that only require 3 A2 levels- so not economics at Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest