The Student Room Group

A levels to BTEC

Hi, ive just finished year 12 and my AS levels in maths, chemistry, history and IT. I got a U in maths and chemistry, C in history and pass in IT. This means i cant go back to the sixth form i was going to and retake maths and chemistry which i wanted to do. I also went to another college and they wouldnt let me do them there either. Ive just enrolled onto a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Forensic Science. Would you consider this to be a step down? I know that i can pass the A levels i just need to put work in, i just wanted to know whether you guys think it is much of a step down?
I just finished year 12 also, got my results this year. But I've too decided to redo the year and am most likely doing a Health and Social Care extended diploma Btec.
I'm worried too. But just remember it CAN and will get you into university..so would you take a risk and redo your Alevels or do the BTEC- either way Alevel and Btec students both can go to univeristy..so who's the real winner?
I'm nervous because my Btec is considered a dropout right?
I rang unis and they're all cool about the Btec. Do your future research because I didn't even know that you can do a btec in Forensic Science!
Original post by lukebs97
Hi, ive just finished year 12 and my AS levels in maths, chemistry, history and IT. I got a U in maths and chemistry, C in history and pass in IT. This means i cant go back to the sixth form i was going to and retake maths and chemistry which i wanted to do. I also went to another college and they wouldnt let me do them there either. Ive just enrolled onto a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in Forensic Science. Would you consider this to be a step down? I know that i can pass the A levels i just need to put work in, i just wanted to know whether you guys think it is much of a step down?

Cmon you got a U how much more can you really jump up to? an F? or maybe an E? do the BTEC.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending