The Student Room Group

Israel Claims (i.e. Steals) 400 Hectares In West Bank For 'State Use'

Scroll to see replies

Jews are gods chosen master race they can take whatever they like.
Reply 41
Original post by HeritageofEurope
i am an atheist and indifferent to any religion. i have a particular contempt for islam which i believe is inherently evil

Interesting.

I've often postulated that the vast majority of the Zionists are actually just anti-Islam/Islamaphobic and if that is the case, then that is harrowing indeed.

Your contempt and hatred towards Islam means that even where there are people being subjected to persecution, mass killings and atrocities, you are not moved.

You need to grow out of this phase.
Reply 42
Original post by Geoffrey Leonard
Jews are gods chosen master race they can take whatever they like.

Surely if they are "God's chosen people", the land would have already been given to them?

Surely if they are "God's chosen people", they wouldn't have left Palestine in the first place?

Surely if they are "God's chosen people", they would never have been subjected to mass killings?

It's little wonder why those living in the SS, are actually atheists...
Original post by UniOfLife
This is off-topic and should be posted in the Israel/Palestine thread in the International subforum.

But in very brief Jews had been returning to the historic Land of Israel in significant numbers from around the 1890s. By the 1920s it was agreed that the Jews should have their own state in that region and the Balfour Declaration was a part of that. In 1922 everything East of the Jordan River was formed into a new country which is now called Jordan. The events of WW2 and the increase in Jewish refugees made it a more pressing issue to finalise the deal. In 1947 the UN voted to partition the rest of the Mandate into two countries one for Jews one for Arab. The Jews accepted the plan and the Arab rejected it.

In 1948 when the Mandate finished Israel declared itself a state, the Arabs did not declare a state but instead the combined armies of Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq invaded the area. When the fighting ended in 1949 Jordan was in control of the West Bank and Egypt controlled Gaza. Israel had control of everything else. Between 1949 and 1967 Jordan and Egypt remained in control of those lands not changing them into a separate sovereign state - in fact Jordan officially annexed the West Bank. In the 1967 Six Day War Israel defeated Egypt and Jordan and ended up in control of the West Bank and Gaza. The Palestininians have never had sovereignty over any land and only achieved self-rule over parts of the West Bank and Gaza in the mid 90s after the Oslo Accords.

That is a very brief and general introduction to the history. Any further discussion should take place in the thread I mentioned a the start of the post.

To be fair, the 1947 partition plan was completely unfair. In 1947, the region consisted of 30% Jewish settlers and they owned only 7% of the land. The partition plan distributed the majority of the area to a population that owned pretty much nothing and weren't the majority, that is completely unfair and the plan was rightly rejected.
Only immoral and disgusting people support Israel's invasion and theft of land. They have no right to the land and have illegally seized over 80% of Palestine. Countless UN resolutions have been broken yet no action taken against them by the international community? Impotent. Double standards.

These people claim the land is their's based on what historical evidence from thousands of years ago? There are no FACTS to back this up whatsoever. I guess being rational doesn't apply to the Israel situation
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HeavyTeddy
To be fair, the 1947 partition plan was completely unfair. In 1947, the region consisted of 30% Jewish settlers and they owned only 7% of the land. The partition plan distributed the majority of the area to a population that owned pretty much nothing and weren't the majority, that is completely unfair and the plan was rightly rejected.

Within the area allocated to the Jewish state the Jewish population was 55%. Yeah an argument could have been made that the borders were unfair but we all know that that wasn't why it was rejected by the Arabs. They didn't want a smaller Israel they wanted no Israel. That is still the case for far too many people.
Original post by silent ninja
Only immoral and disgusting people support Israel's invasion and theft of land. They have no right to the land and have illegally seized over 80% of Palestine. Countless UN resolutions have been broken yet no action taken against them by the international community? Impotent. Double standards.

These people claim the land is their's based on what historical evidence from thousands of years ago? There are no FACTS to back this up whatsoever. I guess being rational doesn't apply to the Israel situation

You really ought to be specific about what land you're talking about. It certainly sounds like you're talking about Israel (as opposed to the OPT) in which case (a) there was no invasion by Israel, (b) the UN gave the land to Israel and (c) only people unhinged from reality could claim that Jews have no connection with the land of Israel.
Reply 47
In the end there will be no west bank/gaza. Systematic genocide/forced leaving. They must be stopped
Within the area allocated to the Jewish state the Jewish population was 55%. Yeah an argument could have been made that the borders were unfair but we all know that that wasn't why it was rejected by the Arabs. They didn't want a smaller Israel they wanted no Israel. That is still the case for far too many people.

30% of the population doesn't require a 55% of the entire region, and as you said, even in the areas where they were the majority giving them half of the region in which they had no legal right to own was ridiculous. The Peel Commission would've given the Palestinians the majority of the region and forcibly removed Jews from areas that they didn't own. However, the Arabs were adamant that the Palestinians deserved a state (and if it was left to self-determination they definitely would've had their own state), but that wasn't granted to them. I think the argument is that, why does 30% of the population that owns 7% land even deserve a state?
Original post by HeavyTeddy
30% of the population doesn't require a 55% of the entire region, and as you said, even in the areas where they were the majority giving them half of the region in which they had no legal right to own was ridiculous. The Peel Commission would've given the Palestinians the majority of the region and forcibly removed Jews from areas that they didn't own. However, the Arabs were adamant that the Palestinians deserved a state (and if it was left to self-determination they definitely would've had their own state), but that wasn't granted to them. I think the argument is that, why does 30% of the population that owns 7% land even deserve a state?

The Jewish people have a right to a state like every other people. I hear your argument about the size of that state but that's a separate issue from their right to have one.

As for the notion that the Arabs wanted there to be a Palestinian State we can all see that that is simply not true. From 1949 until 1967 the West Bank and Gaza were under the control of Jordan and Egypt. They did not create a Palestinian State. In fact, all that happened was that Jordan annexed the West Bank for itself.
You really ought to be specific about what land you're talking about. It certainly sounds like you're talking about Israel (as opposed to the OPT) in which case (a) there was no invasion by Israel, (b) the UN gave the land to Israel and (c) only people unhinged from reality could claim that Jews have no connection with the land of Israel.

What connection? Where is the evidence they are the same descendants of those that lived thousands of years ago - and by the same logic, why is irrefutable evidence of land that IS owned by Palestinian civilians ignored? That is, why do Palestinians have no right to return to their land?
Regardless, Palestinian Muslims have lived on that land longer than any previous peoples.

Israel proves day after day that violence and subjugation works.
(edited 9 years ago)
The Jewish people have a right to a state like every other people. I hear your argument about the size of that state but that's a separate issue from their right to have one.

As for the notion that the Arabs wanted there to be a Palestinian State we can all see that that is simply not true. From 1949 until 1967 the West Bank and Gaza were under the control of Jordan and Egypt. They did not create a Palestinian State. In fact, all that happened was that Jordan annexed the West Bank for itself.

The Aboriginals don't, the Native Americans don't, the Roma gypsies don't, so why should the Jews? The Sephradi Jews had been living among the Arab population for centuries under relative peace (and protection from the Ottoman empire). I just don't think that theres adequate justification to give them the land that other people inhabited and owned.

Numerous parties in Palestine and the High Arab Comitttee demanded for their independence several times after the Peel Commission, they were ignored. Between 1949 and 1967 they were in a state of war because the Jews were given a large portion of land that they did not own and had no right too. Israel are the ones that don't support a two-state solution and have no regard for borders. Here is the Likud 1999 charter:

"The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan river. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. Thus, for example, in matters of foreign affairs, security, immigration and ecology, their activity shall be limited in accordance with imperatives of Israel’s existence, security and national needs."

Here the charter demonstrates that they will not even honour 1967 unofficial borders and will continue to build (illegal) settlements:

"The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting."
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 52

Correction: The Arabs and the Palestinians in particular could not give a flying **** whether Israel was established in the Antarctic, Alaska or freezing Siberia.

They do not object to Israel per se, but the geographical location of where Israel is currently.

I suggest you remember that before post some more erroneous information.
Original post by tsr1269
Correction: The Arabs and the Palestinians in particular could not give a flying **** whether Israel was established in the Antarctic, Alaska or freezing Siberia.

They do not object to Israel per se, but the geographical location of where Israel is currently.

I suggest you remember that before post some more erroneous information.

That's a really crucial distinction. Thanks for pointing it out. My entire perspective of the conflict is changed completely.
Reply 54
That's a really crucial distinction. Thanks for pointing it out. My entire perspective of the conflict is changed completely.

Hey, just doing my bit for the folks out there who will look at this post. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest