The Student Room Group

Failed a module in first year, is uni over?

Hey guys, i am doing marketing and i had a generic business first year with 6 modules that i had to pass. However, i failed stats and i need to pass all to go on to next stage. Stats is irrelevant in second year, especially with my choice of options but i'm really worried that if i don't pass the resit i'll have to start over and waste another 15k.

I was wondering if anyone could make sense of this policy, does it mean i can take the module to next year? This is one of the uni's policies

'2.1 The student may opt to repeat the whole stage or may carry forward passed credit and marks. A student may not carry forward some passed credit and repeat other passed credit. Where there has been a significant alteration to the validated programme, the Board of Examiner may limit the amount of passed credit that can be carried forward to ensure that the student can demonstrate that he or she has passed the re-constituted stage, in which instance there must be full discussion of why such an opportunity is being withheld.'

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i'll rep or w/e :smile: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending