The Student Room Group

2015 Applicants...do you know what course you're applying for?

Is anyone else incredibly indecisive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only decided my course about a month ago, I know people that still havent decided and people that decided the day they were born. Everyone is different so just pick what you enjoy and feel you could do for 3/4 years
Reply 2
Original post by chem@uni
I only decided my course about a month ago, I know people that still havent decided and people that decided the day they were born. Everyone is different so just pick what you enjoy and feel you could do for 3/4 years

people that decided the day they were born?
Reply 3
I decided my course just over a month ago and got my first offer today :smile:
I was indecisive the whole of year 12 between engineering and computer science. Me and my parents just sat down one day and looked at the pros and cons of both and didn't leave until I'd decided (compsci). You've got a few months yet unless you're Oxbridge, but delaying it won't achieve much. Just dedicate a weekend or so to decide. Perhaps you don't even want to go to uni. Plenty of alternatives to look at. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by 2en1
people that decided the day they were born?

I just means theyve always known what they wanted to do with their life
Reply 5
Original post by TVIO
I was indecisive the whole of year 12 between engineering and computer science. Me and my parents just sat down one day and looked at the pros and cons of both and didn't leave until I'd decided (compsci). You've got a few months yet unless you're Oxbridge, but delaying it won't achieve much. Just dedicate a weekend or so to decide. Perhaps you don't even want to go to uni. Plenty of alternatives to look at. Good luck!

Where did you get an offer from?
I was undecided for a long time, I knew I wanted to Chemistry but I didn't know what because there was so much choice. What worked for me was looking at all the course profiles and modules and looking at what exactly you're going to study on each course and then pick the one that you'd be more excited studying and that you like the sound of best :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by TVIO

wow! I need to take tips from you? Did you take a gap year then because I don't see how you can get offers already?!:smile:
Reply 8
I've decided on Journalism :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by womanofsteel
I was undecided for a long time, I knew I wanted to Chemistry but I didn't know what because there was so much choice. What worked for me was looking at all the course profiles and modules and looking at what exactly you're going to study on each course and then pick the one that you'd be more excited studying and that you like the sound of best :smile:

What did you decide on in the end?
What did you decide on in the end?

Medicinal Chemistry
Reply 11
Original post by 2en1
wow! I need to take tips from you? Did you take a gap year then because I don't see how you can get offers already?!:smile:

Bath AAA/A*AB (handily got an A* in maths already so it's just AB) Not a gap year, just plain Y13. School sent off the application yesterday. Bath confirmed receiving an application. Then two hpurs later UCAS told me they made me a conditional half an hour ago. I was quite shocked but happy!

Where did you get an offer from?
Original post by TVIO
Bath AAA/A*AB (handily got an A* in maths already so it's just AB) Not a gap year, just plain Y13. School sent off the application yesterday. Bath confirmed receiving an application. Then two hpurs later UCAS told me they made me a conditional half an hour ago. I was quite shocked but happy!

You got an offer the day after you sent the application?!
Reply 13
Original post by Chlorophile
You got an offer the day after you sent the application?!

Technically, within 90 minutes :biggrin:
Guess my personal statement and reference was good. 4 A* prediction
Original post by TVIO
Technically, within 90 minutes :biggrin:
Guess my personal statement and reference was good. 4 A* prediction

This is really making me want to send off my application now! Great predictions by the way!
Reply 15
This is really making me want to send off my application now! Great predictions by the way!

Thanks, actually getting them is the hard part. :tongue: No rush, but I did hear they're more lenient if you apply earlier (though i did only get the standard offer). However I did somehow manage to bypass the interview that they give to 'the majority' so maybe applying early made them more eager to offer? What course/unis you looking at?
Original post by TVIO
Thanks, actually getting them is the hard part. :tongue: No rush, but I did hear they're more lenient if you apply earlier (though i did only get the standard offer). However I did somehow manage to bypass the interview that they give to 'the majority' so maybe applying early made them more eager to offer? What course/unis you looking at?

The only universities I'm likely to get early offers from are Southampton and Bristol. Apparently Imperial only get back to you in January onwards, and I'd expect UCL to be similar since they're also very popular. And obviously Oxford results aren't coming out before January either. Geophysics for me! I really wanted to apply to Bath, but they don't offer any geological sciences!
Original post by TVIO

Wow!!! :eek: I sent my app off 12 days ago. I hope mine come soon then but they probably won't:tongue:

To answer the OP Drama and English. I have know since I was 12. It just kind of happened. I really do suggest looking at modules in subjects that interest you. They can change so much from Uni to Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
The only universities I'm likely to get early offers from are Southampton and Bristol. Apparently Imperial only get back to you in January onwards, and I'd expect UCL to be similar since they're also very popular. And obviously Oxford results aren't coming out before January either. Geophysics for me! I really wanted to apply to Bath, but they don't offer any geological sciences!

Perhaps we'll meet at imperial/UCL interview days. Best of luck with Oxford (Cambridge are better :tongue:) Imperial I've heard also like to make high offers at least for comp sci...fun. I think a UCL interview pretty much guarantees a place. Similar with imperial. What does geophysics entail then?
Reply 19
Original post by yourgirlbribri
Wow!!! :eek: I sent my app off 12 days ago. I hope mine come soon then but they probably won't:tongue:

To answer the OP Drama and English. I have know since I was 12. It just kind of happened. I really do suggest looking at modules in subjects that interest you. They can change so much from Uni to Uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was pretty shocked! Thought I'd have (if i was lucky) 5 interviews then offers in a few months. I hate waiting, but ah well nought to be done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending