The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medical School Applicants 2015

Hi guys, hadn't found a thread for this yet so thought I'd set one up. Just send me the link if I'm wrong!

I have a UKCAT score of 630,890,630,660, Band 1. Hoping this will make the cut this year. DA cut off should go down considering how inflated the scores were last year, but who knows!

Good luck to everyone :smile:

Edit: I ended up not applying to Plymouth in the end, but good luck to all who did! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes apparently scores are lower this year though of course we don't really know any actual figures yet.

What was the UKCAT cut off last year? I can't seem to find it
Original post by grumps101
Yes apparently scores are lower this year though of course we don't really know any actual figures yet.

What was the UKCAT cut off last year? I can't seem to find it

VR - 504
QR - 612
AR - 599
DA - 713
Overall - 2671

It's on their website under the "other entry requirements" bit :smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
VR - 504
QR - 612
AR - 599
DA - 713
Overall - 2671

It's on their website under the "other entry requirements" bit :smile:

Thank you! Wow DA seems quite high but I guess its because everyone did better last year in it
Thank you! Wow DA seems quite high but I guess its because everyone did better last year in it

Yeah the average DA score last year was 771 I think, so it was fair enough!:smile:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Yeah the average DA score last year was 771 I think, so it was fair enough!:smile:

Okay yes makes sense!
Reply 6
Does anyone know any further information on what else they consider except the GAMSAT score for graduate applicants. Their website is rather equivocal and just states "your GAMSAT score will be used alongside the other information contained in your UCAS application"...

Also, just generally regarding Plymouth, does anyone have any rough guides as to the ratio of applicants interviewed vs. places offered?

Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 7
I really want to apply but i hear the nightlife isn't very good?!
Hi guys

I'm a resit applicant (got AAB at A2 this year)
Got an average of 710 in the UKCAT this year:
740, 700, 740, 660

everyone i've talked to said they found DA harder this year and the average score this year is lower too although not everyone has done the ukcat yet

Trust me DA will be lower this year, I reckon 650 or even less! Last year it was pretty easy, and I got 900, this year was much harder and I got 710! Obviously not everyone's scores will be almost 200 lower, but it has gone from by far the easiest to one of the more challenging sections.

I would say the others areas should be similar to last year, although I wouldn't be surprised if VR and QR went up 10-20 points
I got 2690 for my ukcat

VR-600
QR-670
AR-760
DA-660

Band 1

Do you think this would make it above the cut offs this year? :frown:
Original post by Uosaf
I got 2690 for my ukcat

VR-600
QR-670
AR-760
DA-660

Band 1

Do you think this would make it above the cut offs this year? :frown:

I would say so yeah :smile: obviously if there are other places you are more confident about then apply to them, but you're comfortably over all of last years cutoff sane DA, which has been MUCH harder this year
Original post by Dr. Django
I would say so yeah :smile: obviously if there are other places you are more confident about then apply to them, but you're comfortably over all of last years cutoff sane DA, which has been MUCH harder this year

I have 3 other choices which I feel pretty safe with (I meet the academic requirements/cut offs so it would be up to my PS)

Was thinking of Plymouth as my 4th choice :smile:

Thanks for your reply
Reply 13
Does anyone know how they decide who gets A*AA offer and who gets AAA?
Reply 14
Anyone any idea how much the DA cut off will drop? Last year I got 890 in the section and this year I've done so badly, it was so much more difficult:/

VR: 670
QR: 790
AR: 670
DA: 630
Hi guys, I got 2660 overall and was wondering if its worth applying to Plymouth this year. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Sub-section scores:
VR-590
QR-710
AR-660
DA-700
band 1
Reply 16
How do Plymouth select applicants to interview? do they take into account grades, UKCAT and PS? My DA score was low (600) but the rest were ok, so would I be rejected if that DA score alone was below the threshold?
Reply 17
Hey! Do they look at ur PS to invite applicants to an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Do you have to have A*AA predictions to be considered for Plymouth?
Reply 19
Original post by joolsm
Does anyone know how they decide who gets A*AA offer and who gets AAA?

I think that internationals are given A*AA offers whilst home applicants are given AAA offers.

Original post by Jo 123
How do Plymouth select applicants to interview? do they take into account grades, UKCAT and PS? My DA score was low (600) but the rest were ok, so would I be rejected if that DA score alone was below the threshold?

Yes, if your DA score is below the set threshold, you'll be rejected regardless of how great the rest of your application is :frown:

Plymouth select applicants based on A Level predictions/achieved (must be AAA) and the UKCAT subsection scores. The PS isn't used.

Original post by NsT3N12
Hey! Do they look at ur PS to invite applicants to an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope

Original post by joolsm
Do you have to have A*AA predictions to be considered for Plymouth?

Nope