The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Gin
Have you definitely been rejected? :frown:

yup100%.It's okay though :colondollar:. :frown:
Original post by games211
yup100%.It's okay though :colondollar:. :frown:

I'm really sorry to hear that; I've been rooting for you...
Original post by Dr Gin
I'm really sorry to hear that; I've been rooting for you...

Thanks so much for your support. It is really really sad, but I have learnt to move on. Those that got offers deserved it. Thank you for your support again. On and beyond I guess...
Anyone know what accommodation they're applying for, or the best one for medics? I have no idea but wanna get it sorted aha
Original post by Elloooo_123
Anyone know what accommodation they're applying for, or the best one for medics? I have no idea but wanna get it sorted aha

Is the portal actually open now then?
Original post by Dr Gin
Is the portal actually open now then?

I had had an email like a week ago that took me to the acom page, I can't remember what it said though so just assumed we had to start looking into it.. :smile:
Original post by Elloooo_123

Frobisher is the nicest, most medics live in Radnor, campus for the lazy ones haha
Just thought Id mention, you guys have an awesome MedSoc committee this year they'll do amazing things for you guys I'm sure of it
Original post by MikeyP96
Frobisher is the nicest, most medics live in Radnor, campus for the lazy ones haha

Thanks!
When will they update UCAS track (rejection)?? Can i withdraw it hahaa, I just wanna pick my firm n insurance now!
Reply 1290
Just firmed Plymouth :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjfr

Posted from TSR Mobile

WooHoo! Well done; it must be great to know where you're going!

Still waiting for one Uni to get back before making the final big decision but may very well be joining you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1292
Original post by kjfr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Do you have any idea when the applications for halls open?
Reply 1293
Original post by alig97
Same. Do you have any idea when the applications for halls open?

I'm not sure actually, I'm sorting out my own accomodation privately so I never thought to ask. Give admissions a call, they're really nice and helpful :smile:

Im so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1294
Original post by Dr Gin
WooHoo! Well done; it must be great to know where you're going!

Still waiting for one Uni to get back before making the final big decision but may very well be joining you

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's an amazing feeling being able to plan ahead now! I dont know Plymouth whatsoever so I'm going to go on a trip down there so I can explore it properly.

I dont know your first choice, but I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide! I'm sure you'll be happy wherever you choose, as ultimately you are studying medicine which is so many people's dream.
Hopefully see you in September :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by erudite
When will they update UCAS track (rejection)?? Can i withdraw it hahaa, I just wanna pick my firm n insurance now!

i emailed them asking to update my rejection on track, they did it straight away:smile:
Reply 1296
On the uni website, it says that Alexandra works is the ideal accommodation for medical and dentistry students. Is that where most people are planning to apply?
Original post by kaziz
On the uni website, it says that Alexandra works is the ideal accommodation for medical and dentistry students. Is that where most people are planning to apply?

This must be a joke, Alexandra works is a trekkk... Definitely choose a halls on campus or student village area, no further than St theresa in my opinion, astor and Alexandra works are just too far. I only know 1 medic in Alexandra works atm.
Reply 1298
Original post by MikeyP96
This must be a joke, Alexandra works is a trekkk... Definitely choose a halls on campus or student village area, no further than St theresa in my opinion, astor and Alexandra works are just too far. I only know 1 medic in Alexandra works atm.

I see, thanks for that! I know you said Frobisher is the nicest and most medics are at radnor, but can you give a brief overview of which halls to consider and disregard and why? from a students perspective...
Are any graduates planning on living in halls? I think I'd prefer a house (being an old lady of 28 now!) but don't want to 'miss out' on the social side of getting to know other medics?

I've got an offer for Plymouth and am just waiting to hear back from Notts (rejected from SGUL :rolleyes:), so it's looking likely Plymouth may be my destination of choice come September.

Latest

Trending

Trending