The Student Room Group

Physics related course at Oxbridge?

I would like to study a physics related course at Oxford or Cambridge, although I don't know which one will be more useful (as I don't really know what I want to do in the future), and which one will be more accessible taking into account the A Levels I'm taking.

I'm taking: Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Spanish.

I've looked into NatSci at Cambridge, but i'm not sure if I can take only Physics or if I have to also take Bio and Chem. I'm also interested in Aerospacial Engineering, Astrology, Astrophysics or any other Physics related Engineering course. Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Heisenberg97
Bump

Don't bump after a few minutes, geez. Wait a day at least. And make sure you put it in the most relevant forums, aka the Oxbridge ones.

But to answer your question, you can get onto NatSci at Cambridge, but your chances would be slimmer given you only have one of the three sciences. I honestly don't know why you'd want to take NatSci if you're only interested in Physics. Any other Physics-related course would be more than open to you.

Astrology is not a science, nor is it Physics-related. You're thinking of Astronomy.

My best advice is to apply for the course you find most interesting. You're going about picking a course in the wrong manner by starting with Oxbridge and working your way back. University choice is the last thing you pick for a course, not the first.
Original post by PythianLegume
Don't bump after a few minutes, geez. Wait a day at least. And make sure you put it in the most relevant forums, aka the Oxbridge ones.

But to answer your question, you can get onto NatSci at Cambridge, but your chances would be slimmer given you only have one of the three sciences. I honestly don't know why you'd want to take NatSci if you're only interested in Physics. Any other Physics-related course would be more than open to you.

Astrology is not a science, nor is it Physics-related. You're thinking of Astronomy.

My best advice is to apply for the course you find most interesting. You're going about picking a course in the wrong manner by starting with Oxbridge and working your way back. University choice is the last thing you pick for a course, not the first.
Haha, yes I'm new to the forum and thought that if people didn't reply within a couple of minutes then your post was dead. And it's not that I wanted to get onto NatSci, but was considering it although I kind of have dumped it. And I agree with you in that I've made a mistake by only looking at Oxbridge, so I'll definitely look at other unis in the future. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply