The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's EMDP 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cath_y
Yep, and I'm at Denmark hill! :biggrin:

Lucky, the journey is unfeasible for me which is a shame! Have you made your choices yet? :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Cath_y
Aw man, tbh denmark hill is like an hr and a half away but it's the only one accepting under 18s I could find :s-smilie: and yeah mostly done, imperial, King' (A100/A101), Bart's and SGUL, you?

King's EMDP, Cardiff, BSMS and UEA :smile: just making the final changes to my PS now
Hi, can someone direct me to the list of eligible schools please?
Original post by sunshinebeem
Hi, can someone direct me to the list of eligible schools please?

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/images/assets/2015-entry-emdp-and-esdp-schools.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Most of you guys could apply for 5 year courses!

I got an interview last year, hopefully I can go all the way this time.

Was predicted AAA and had a UKCAT score in the mid 600s, ended up with AAB and now have a UKCAT score of 740. Hopefully I can have another go at the interview, was a bit like a deer in headlights the first time.
Original post by Lazy-
Most of you guys could apply for 5 year courses!

I got an interview last year, hopefully I can go all the way this time.

Was predicted AAA and had a UKCAT score in the mid 600s, ended up with AAB and now have a UKCAT score of 740. Hopefully I can have another go at the interview, was a bit like a deer in headlights the first time.

How was the interview? I'm applying to EMDP this year - have you put in your application yet? :smile:
Reply 26
Sent my application today!

So excited and relieved its done and over!
Just want to hear back already!!
Can we move this page to the medical schools threads? Or do we have to make another one?
Original post by RagaZ
Sent my application today!

So excited and relieved its done and over!
Just want to hear back already!!

Congrats :smile:
I'm just putting my personal statement into UCAS now :biggrin:
Reply 29
Original post by Jimbob995
Congrats :smile:
I'm just putting my personal statement into UCAS now :biggrin:

Have u sent it off yet? :smile:
Original post by RagaZ
Have u sent it off yet? :smile:

Yeah - the wait begins! :colone:
Reply 31
Original post by Jimbob995
Yeah - the wait begins! :colone:

may i ask what your stats are? :smile:

and yes indeed the wait begins!!
Original post by RagaZ
may i ask what your stats are? :smile:

and yes indeed the wait begins!!

GCSEs: 5A* 3.5A 1B
Achieved A-Levels: A*AAb
UKCAT: 620

How about you? :smile:
Reply 33
ahh not bad, not bad :smile: well done on your a level results, im guessing your a re-applicant

GCSES: 5A*s 5As 1B + (A*& A in short courses)
AS:AABB
Predicted: A*AA
UKCAT: 632.5
Hi, could anyone give me some advice my stats are:
VR: 550
QR: 830
AR: 780
DA: 780
SJT: band 1 (doesn't count now )

735 Average

GCSEs: 5A* (including 3 sciences and maths) and 4.5A (including English language)

AS Levels: AAAAC in Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Philosophy respectively.

A-Levels: A*A*A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths respectively.

I am currently definitely applying for medicine at exeter and St george's as my first two choices.

I cannot decide between kings standard a100 course or the Kings A101 EMDP (my school is on the list of eligible schools), which of these do I have a better shot for an interview?

Thanks and any advice appreciated!
Reply 35
Original post by the A* guy
Hi, could anyone give me some advice my stats are:
VR: 550
QR: 830
AR: 780
DA: 780
SJT: band 1 (doesn't count now )

735 Average

GCSEs: 5A* (including 3 sciences and maths) and 4.5A (including English language)

AS Levels: AAAAC in Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths and Philosophy respectively.

A-Levels: A*A*A in Biology, Chemistry and Maths respectively.

I am currently definitely applying for medicine at exeter and St george's as my first two choices.

I cannot decide between kings standard a100 course or the Kings A101 EMDP (my school is on the list of eligible schools), which of these do I have a better shot for an interview?

Thanks and any advice appreciated!

A100 by far! you have amazing stats, y would u want to opt to do an extra year at kings (6yrs) when u could get by in just 5?
Original post by RagaZ
A100 by far! you have amazing stats, y would u want to opt to do an extra year at kings (6yrs) when u could get by in just 5?

I wouldn't mind doing an extra year as long as it's as kings, I think I have a better shot at an interview on the EMDP. Then again if I could do 5 years instead of 6 i would prefer it. I just can't make up my mind. :confused:
Original post by Cath_y
I'm in a similar situation and I couldn't choose, but then I thought I would have a better shot at getting an interview with EMDP so I chose this programme in the end!

Where else are you applying for? Because this could be considered as you 'safe' bet :tongue:

Well I don't think kings can ever be a safe bet unfortunately :frown:, however I do agree that EMDP is a better shot for an interview, today I have chosen to go for the EMDP. If you don't mind me asking, what situation are you in with grades and UKCAT. :smile:

I'm applying to Exeter, St georges, Now EMDP, and either southampton or Leicester. Where else are you applying? :biggrin:
Original post by Cath_y
Wow, brilliant stats! But yeah I get you, it's just even getting an interview is an achievement in my opinion :biggrin:

GCSE - 6A*'s, 4A's, 2B's

AS - 5A's (Bio, Chem, Phys, Maths, Chinese)

A2 Predictions - A*A*A*A (Bio, Chem, Maths, Chinese)

UKCAT - 737.5, Band 1

I'm applying to all London one's haha, so Imperial, st george's, Barts and EMDP & UCL for neuroscience :tongue: Have you sent it off yet?

Your stats are amazing well done, I think you would definitely have a better shot than me at the regular course simply because of the number of your GCSEs, but I can understand why EMDP is the less risky choice.

I hope to send mine off tomorrow, I think my reference was finished today so i'm fine on that front so it makes good timing that it's sent off tomorrow. Have you sent your application?
Original post by Cath_y
Haha, hopefully we'd both get in! I mean it was the GCSE that stopped me from applying to the 5 yrs. 6 yrs has got to be better than nothing :tongue:

That's great! Hopefully sending mine off tonight, depends if my tutor's on his email (probs not) but defo before the weekends. Super nervous about interviews (hopefully getting at least one :biggrin:) already though

Yeah hopefully we both get in. Is kings your first choice? Good luck with the BMAT, it slayed me last year.

Quick Reply

Latest