The Student Room Group

~| Bullying Is Good |~

Bullying is good. Bullying is desirable in our society.

This may sound like a complete delusion, a fabrication, a monstrous, mendacious, ridiculous insinuation. But I believe that bullying is good.

Bullying builds character. Bullying forces human beings to strive. Bullying and mutual enmity helps to build upon our primitive human understand of the world and accept that not everyone will like us, at a certain place, at a certain time.

I have been bullied. I am glad of it. Bullying toughens people up.

Those who are bullied and passively accept it have none to blame but themselves. They DESERVE the bullying.

Bullying pushes us closer and closer towards the goal of all humanity - the Overman. When we have learnt to accept good, bad, peace, war, love, confrontation, all part of the human experience, and when we learnt to embrace this all, without cherry-picking how we want life to work out, then we will recover from Last Men status. Then we will cease living for comfort, for utopia, and live for this earth, in all its imperfection.

Bullying prepares men for conflict. It prepares men for WAR. VIOLENCE. STURGGLE. And VINDICATION.

The vindication of men comes through conflict, whether that be through war, politics, debate, philosophy, and much else. It happens between individuals, in families, between families, in nations, between nations, in the world at large. And it must be accepted.

A pacifist utopia is impossible. We should not waste time seeking it. We should accept and train our young men and women for conflict, for warfare, for struggle, for striving. Those who are left behind are altogether undeserving of pity and compassion whatsoever.

Only slovenly, unwanted left-wing dogma will refuse to heed the truth in my words. Only the ignorant, the mediocre, those infected by the vile Judaeo-Christian spirit that has infected the Western world, will refuse to accept that my words carry weight.
Original post by The Dictator

This may sound like a complete delusion, a fabrication, a monstrous, mendacious, ridiculous insinuation. But I believe that bullying is good.

Bullying builds character. Bullying forces human beings to strive. Bullying and mutual enmity helps to build upon our primitive human understand of the world and accept that not everyone will like us, at a certain place, at a certain time.

Those who are bullied and passively accept it have none to blame but themselves. They DESERVE the bullying.

Bullying pushes us closer and closer towards the goal of all humanity - the Overman. When we have learnt to accept good, bad, peace, war, love, confrontation, all part of the human experience, and when we learnt to embrace this all, without cherry-picking how we want life to work out, then we will recover from Last Men status. Then we will cease living for comfort, for utopia, and live for this earth, in all its imperfection.

Bullying prepares men for conflict. It prepares men for WAR. VIOLENCE. STURGGLE. And VINDICATION.

The vindication of men comes through conflict, whether that be through war, politics, debate, philosophy, and much else. It happens between individuals, in families, between families, in nations, between nations, in the world at large. And it must be accepted.

A pacifist utopia is impossible. We should not waste time seeking it. We should accept and train our young men and women for conflict, for warfare, for struggle, for striving. Those who are left behind are altogether undeserving of pity and compassion whatsoever.

Only slovenly, unwanted left-wing dogma will refuse to heed the truth in my words. Only the ignorant, the mediocre, those infected by the vile Judaeo-Christian spirit that has infected the Western world, will refuse to accept that my words carry weight.

I'm willing to agree to a certain extent.

There is good bullying and bad bullying.

Good bullying might makes someone aware of something they need to be made aware of. Good "bullying" might include remarks challenging politically correct notions. Good bullying may include someone the the tweets that have made headline news (only in a sick society does an offensive tweet make headline news) - and are called troll tweets for example people making personal disparaging remarks in a crusade against feminism. (No one pays any attention to someone who says that the BBC should not host programmes about getting more women and black people on British banknotes - they only pay attention to the offensive tweet).

Bad bullying would include a tool picking on someone half his age, or someone who is just irritating and lacking in something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bullying never did any of those things for me. Am I an exception to your rule or are you pulling this all out of your ass?

So if I went out and frequently beat up a 10 year old who had no means of fighting back (i.e they'd have to remain passive) would they deserve it?

Personally i'd rather live for a utopia than for imperfection. If you wanted a harder life then perhaps you should go live in the wilderness? The modern world, after all, exists to make our life more comfortable. For example, why do you think we've developed machines to do work for us?

Oh **** now that you've used caps, logical fallacies and emotional reasoning I guess I have no choice but to believe you! :redface: Senpai please be gentle with me.
Bullying is neither good nor bad. As both good and bad are mystical concepts. However, bullying is unacceptable. But it is inevitable.

It serves a purpose though. It either breaks you or makes you stand up for yourself. It's a test of character and physical/mental dexterity which the society enforces involuntarily on the individual to let him/her experience "reality". Society isn't fair and sane to begin with.
Some people have this belief that if you encourage people by bullying them that will magically make them change themselves, this seems completely inconsistent with observation, usually the contrary happens.
Original post by SHallowvale
Bullying never did any of those things for me. Am I an exception to your rule or are you pulling this all out of your ass?

I suppose you're an exception.

So if I went out and frequently beat up a 10 year old who had no means of fighting back (i.e they'd have to remain passive) would they deserve it?

That isn't bullying, that is cowardice. I am talking about peer relationships. It is natural for some to rise above others. Anyone who denies this is a fool.

Personally i'd rather live for a utopia than for imperfection. If you wanted a harder life then perhaps you should go live in the wilderness? The modern world, after all, exists to make our life more comfortable. For example, why do you think we've developed machines to do work for us?

I have no problems with machines working for us, but I am against a utopia. If a utopia exists, there will be no reason to strive for anything. There will be no ambition, no eagerness to become something MORE, because we feel we are already fulfilled, even though our lives are empty without the sense of heroism and glory which the Ancient Greeks truly knew. If we feel that we have reached the end of history and there is nothing more to work for, that our lives are perfect (because liberal democracy is the solution to all the world's problems, isn't it) then obviously we will look back at those left behind by the progress of the world and say, "Let's correct that, let's make everyone as happy and prosperous as everyone else." Once that is done, there is no point in life anymore.

Oh **** now that you've used caps, logical fallacies and emotional reasoning I guess I have no choice but to believe you! :redface: Senpai please be gentle with me.

That was merely childish and irrelevant.
That was merely childish and irrelevant.

Alright. I thought that some of the things I said were very relevant.

I'm sorry if I wasted your time.
Thanks for sharing your story.

If I had a choice to be bullied or a bully I certainly would choose bully everytime.
Reply 8
...and bullying drives some people to suicide, genocide or mental health illness
Original post by The Right
...and bullying drives some people to suicide, genocide or mental health illness

wth lol
Original post by Malorys ballsack
wth lol

Remember that boy in America who went on a killing spree because girls turned him down and called him ugly. He killed 7. Some people are so screwed in the head bullying can push them over the line
Remember that boy in America who went on a killing spree because girls turned him down and called him ugly. He killed 7. Some people are so screwed in the head bullying can push them over the line

Genocide though? cmon lol
Genocide though? cmon lol

Napoleon Bonaparte was bullied for his small **** and look what he did. He expressed his anger on the rest of Europe from the UK to Russia. Now we are bullying Putin Because he is small and you have Ukraine crisis. See where I am going?
Napoleon Bonaparte was bullied for his small **** and look what he did. He expressed his anger on the rest of Europe from the UK to Russia. Now we are bullying Putin Because he is small and you have Ukraine crisis. See where I am going?

Not really they are gross distortions, Napoleon wasn't actually that small it was just propaganda and a mix up with the metric/imperial system, plus Putin is the bully!

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1lgcza/til_that_napoleon_wasnt_1m57_but_actually/
Not really they are gross distortions, Napoleon wasn't actually that small it was just propaganda and a mix up with the metric/imperial system, plus Putin is the bully!

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1lgcza/til_that_napoleon_wasnt_1m57_but_actually/

No they are all true. We bullied Hitler for his tash- WW2 and holocaust. We bullied Stalin for his big mole-WW2, communism and genocide. We bullied bush for his silly accent- he invades Iraq in response.
We bullied Bin Laden for his towel head- guess what mass genocide. Do I need to go on?
No they are all true. We bullied Hitler for his task- WW2 and holocaust. We bullied Stalin for his big mole-WW2, communism and genocide. We bullied bush for his silly accent- he invades Iraq in response.
We bullied Bin Laden for his towel head- guess what mass genocide. Do I need to go on?

LOl towel head.

As much as I hate what you're saying, there's no denying it's true. After 8 years being bullied at school, one day made me stand up to those same people and with a scared beating heart and shaking hands (hidden behind my desk), I ranted everything that's been on my mind for ages, including punching my desk a few times to made my point.

True, they called me insane and hysteric, but since then all they did was make a few comments and watch me from a distance. They tried to repeat their bullying again, as if testing the water to see if I'll still "show my claws", and the result ended up being they trying to make it into a laughing matter and actually tried to befriend me.

It was amazing to watch it happen.

If not anything else, being bullied can build up confidence and self esteem, and that's everything in a social society. Bad thing is that not everyone get to this point, some turn into social outcasts and even attempt suicide. This just isn't right.

I get what you mean that people who don't know how to value themselves, don't deserve to be pitied. I've said the same to a lot of others, who right now are the same as me when I was in school, and was extremely annoyed. But what if those same people, who put an end to their lives because of this, grew up to invent some great things that would benefit society, or do amazing achievements? It's a waste.

But, the world goes on...
it can build character - yes
but obviously, it's a side effect to depression
so it all depends on whether you consider it worth while
I'd never say bullying was the best way of character building - I'd say personal self-honesty and confidence is (and that doesn't require bullying)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending