The Student Room Group

Relatively poor AS grades

Hello
I received my AS results not a while ago. To say the least, I was disappointed, well more like shocked.
I got B in psychology, C in biology, C in philosophy and ethics and a D in chemistry, I'm going to resit most of the them.
Anyways, are there any good science degrees I can do with those AS grades in mind?
Thanks in advance.
Yeah don't worry about it, if you get good grades next year you can go into UCAS "adjustment" where on results day you phone up unis and ask if they have a space on their course and you tell them your grades and you're likely to get in since not everyone gets their a2 grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Guren
Yeah don't worry about it, if you get good grades next year you can go into UCAS "adjustment" where on results day you phone up unis and ask if they have a space on their course and you tell them your grades and you're likely to get in since not everyone gets their a2 grades.

Thank you, I'll do that.
It's just that I can't help worrying, I had a bright future after Gcses, achieving the best in my school and now with these AS grades, it's like there is no hope.
Thank you for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smusah12
Thank you, I'll do that.
It's just that I can't help worrying, I had a bright future after Gcses, achieving the best in my school and now with these AS grades, it's like there is no hope.
Thank you for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah use that to spur you onto getting better grades :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you. I will. I plan on getting tuition for chemistry and biology. Hopefully that will help me.
Reply 5
Original post by Smusah12
Hello
I received my AS results not a while ago. To say the least, I was disappointed, well more like shocked.
I got B in psychology, C in biology, C in philosophy and ethics and a D in chemistry, I'm going to resit most of the them.
Anyways, are there any good science degrees I can do with those AS grades in mind?
Thanks in advance.

That isnt bad at all considering what subjects they are... Im sure there are plenty out there... check out the 'Which? University Guide' on Google. My college showed it to me. Preety useful in a situation like yours, as you can narrow the categories based on your personal critera
Reply 6
Original post by shaf6565
That isnt bad at all considering what subjects they are... Im sure there are plenty out there... check out the 'Which? University Guide' on Google. My college showed it to me. Preety useful in a situation like yours, as you can narrow the categories based on your personal critera

Thank you. I'll definitely check that website out.
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest