The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Failing to find accommodation

Hi there, I really need some advice. I did not receive an offer for accommodation from the university and now I'm struggling to find something in the private sector. I tried to contact letting agencies and replied to many ads but nothing seems to work as some people don't even respond and every single place seems to be already taken or above my budget, which is around £115 p/w and should be enough in my opinion. Is there anything left to do or is it simply time to let it go?

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks that the uni has done a really ****ty job handling accommodation this year? I wasn't guaranteed accommodation, but the uni didn't even bother informing me when I can apply and I ended up applying a month later than I could. Plus I heard they're even taking rooms from postgraduates to house more undergraduates, which means the uni bit off way more than it can chew.
Reply 1
Bump.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
bump.
Reply 3
Are you looking for accommodation in London?
Reply 4
Original post by i360
Are you looking for accommodation in London?

Nope, I'm talking about Exeter
Reply 5
You are not the only one, I have supported a student who has now given up
Looking for accommodation and, consequently, her offer of a place at Exetrr.
http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/exeter/picturehouse-apartments/rooms-rent The SG posted this on their page recently, they have room around your budget!
Original post by Starrydog
http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/exeter/picturehouse-apartments/rooms-rent The SG posted this on their page recently, they have room around your budget!

Um, no they don't. All they have left are studios starting at about £170 per week.
Original post by mackemforever
Um, no they don't. All they have left are studios starting at about £170 per week.

Sorry i just looked at their rooms not the availability
Reply 9
Sorry this won't be much help but I also had problems with my accommodation at Exeter, they were unhelpful and I ended up having to find my own place to stay, at private halls- Mansion One, all they have left are studios which are over your budget but it's just a suggestion, I hope you have found something. The uni definitely needs to sort out its accommodation.
Original post by Gabbiew
Sorry this won't be much help but I also had problems with my accommodation at Exeter, they were unhelpful and I ended up having to find my own place to stay, at private halls- Mansion One, all they have left are studios which are over your budget but it's just a suggestion, I hope you have found something. The uni definitely needs to sort out its accommodation.

The University does as much as any other University. They guarantee accommodation if you make Exeter your firm choice and offer accommodation to as many insurance students as they can.

Virtually no Universities anywhere in this country can offer accommodation to every single first year student, and at all of them once the University accommodation runs out it is left to the student to find private accommodation.

It's not Exeter's fault that private halls filled up quickly this year, it's not their fault that many landlords in Exeter won't rent to students, it's not their fault that the student intake this year was higher than normal.

It's simply the way that things go sometimes, more students accepted than normal at any University in the country simply means that those who get in late are sometimes going to struggle to find accommodation.
Original post by Freddie21
You are not the only one, I have supported a student who has now given up
Looking for accommodation and, consequently, her offer of a place at Exetrr.

If she still wants she can come to my accomodation £105pppw bills inclusive its a house whichll be shared with me and two others just tell her to ring 07837639594
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending