The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well I trust my hairdresser and she has awful hair so... :wink:
I don't think it's so bad haha but if it bothers you, you could consider getting them whitened?
Reply 2
Wait until they fall off so you can use fake ones.
It doesn't really matter, but you probably don't even need whitening, if you just have them polished that will usually get them pretty white.
Honestly, you're a dental student to be! You should know that yellow teeth do not mean they're unhealthy! Also, whitening agents (if you get the cheap stuff) can actually wear down enamel, which is why dentists recommend to only use whitening agents provided by dentists themselves. If you're concerned, however, ask your hygienist for a quick polish before you go to Uni to remove any stains. I've found on my friends at least that it does wonders!
Reply 5
No I wouldn't care if my dentist had bad teeth. It would either show he doesn't have a good dentist himself or is maybe scared or too busy to get work done. It wouldn't make me think any less of his ability to make my teeth look good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyAintDead
Honestly, you're a dental student to be! You should know that yellow teeth do not mean they're unhealthy! Also, whitening agents (if you get the cheap stuff) can actually wear down enamel, which is why dentists recommend to only use whitening agents provided by dentists themselves. If you're concerned, however, ask your hygienist for a quick polish before you go to Uni to remove any stains. I've found on my friends at least that it does wonders!

That sounds promising... How much is it to get them polished? Because I'm as broke as it gets xD
Original post by R Dragon
That sounds promising... How much is it to get them polished? Because I'm as broke as it gets xD

I have no idea, sorry, I'm on Denplan and it's part of the package for my parents at least for £11 a month? I don't know whether I get the same plan now I'm 18, so you'll have to ask your dentist, I'm afraid!
Akin to a fat doctor I would be reluctant to accept advice from a dentist with bad teeth.

Fix your teeth before you qualify.
Usually sets me back around £35 for a check up, scale and polish.
Remove all your teeth and get dentures instead like me! Its so much easier here are the benefits:

1. Don't have to brush teeth.
2. Always white perfectly straight teeth.
3. Taking out your teeth is a cool party trick that wows the ladies.
4. Can give boys amazing gum jobs.
5. No more going to the dentist.
6. Can get gold teeth that look cool.
7. Old people can relate to you.
8. You save money on floss and other ****.
9. No more pain from drinking ice cold water.
10. Don't have to wear gum guards any-more.
Original post by Fizzel
Usually sets me back around £35 for a check up, scale and polish.

That's expensive... I hope it's worth it?
That's expensive... I hope it's worth it?
My dental treatment is private so £20+ of that is just the check up.
It would surprise me, tbh. I wouldn't doubt his job but do consider some whitening at the dentists - at least at the beginning of term. First impressions and minimal caffeine stains :wink:
Would you accept advice related to artificial intelligence from someone who wasn't a robot? #stronglogic
Original post by Sanctimonious
Would you accept advice related to artificial intelligence from someone who wasn't a robot? #stronglogic

wut
I don't know what my dentists teeth look like, she's got a surgical mask on whenever I see her.
Well most people would trust their overweight doctors
Hmmmm...

I'd trust them. Just find it ironic, and wonder how the hell interviewers accepted them when in their PS they'll have banged on about the importance of dental hygiene.
Teeth are not meant to be naturally white.

Latest