The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine 2015 Entry

Generally anything you will need will be found in this site: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying

Feeling lazy? or can't find the specific information that you looking for then approach via email: [email protected]

So let's get preparing and sharing for this new cycle of application. :smile:

Link to the previous entry thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2416677

Here's the medicine connect/stalking page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SiMan
Generally anything you will need will be found in this site: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/medicine/prospective_ug/applying

Feeling lazy? or can't find the specific information that you looking for then approach via email: [email protected]

So let's get preparing and sharing for this new cycle of application. :smile:

Link to the previous entry thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2416677

I was planning to start a thread but I was a bit lazy .... I am thinking of applying here but I am a bit worried my UKCAT is a bit **** . I got a 660 .. is it worth it

and you did you apply already or you applying 2015 entry
Reply 2
Original post by abdelrahman777
I was planning to start a thread but I was a bit lazy .... I am thinking of applying here but I am a bit worried my UKCAT is a bit **** . I got a 660 .. is it worth it

Hah well I was waiting for someone to start one already, no one did so took the initiative myself :smile:

Well you exceed the requirement, which is currently set at 2600 (650avg). I emailed them not so long ago and the response I had was as quoted: "Anyone that achieves 2600 or above and meets all the academic requirements will be considered for interview regardless of how whether they scored 2600 or 3000+. We use the personal statement to decide who we invite to interview."

So just work on making your PS as excellent as you can!:smile: What did you get in each subsets?
Reply 3

Forgot to answer your question, my situation is slightly complex since I will be studying biomed at Sheffield from September this year and will be looking to transfer to medicine for 2015 entry. This follows ther same procedure as 2015 entry undergrad applicants.
Original post by SiMan
Forgot to answer your question, my situation is slightly complex since I will be studying biomed at Sheffield from September this year and will be looking to transfer to medicine for 2015 entry. This follows ther same procedure as 2015 entry undergrad applicants.

good luck mate and hope to see you there ... who knows :biggrin:
Reply 5
good luck mate and hope to see you there ... who knows :biggrin:

Are you applying as undergraduate after your AS?
Original post by SiMan
Are you applying as undergraduate after your AS?

yeah I am applying as an undergrad after Alevels .... is it that impossible to get into med school .... I am kind of losing it from all the worrying.
Reply 7
yeah I am applying as an undergrad after Alevels .... is it that impossible to get into med school .... I am kind of losing it from all the worrying.

Noo.. Just take it step by step and apply strategically. If it was impossible then how can hundreds of students be enrolled every year in 20 odd medical schools around the uk?
Me me! I'll be applying to Sheffield med! Got 665 avg for my UKCAT, hope it suffices :frown:
Original post by CVK Abhiroop
Me me! I'll be applying to Sheffield med! Got 665 avg for my UKCAT, hope it suffices :frown:

Should definitely suffice! I emailed them about applying and they replied saying they'd consider any applicant who met the minimum AS grades and achieved over 2600 in UKCAT!

That's 650 so you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by (Patrick)
Should definitely suffice! I emailed them about applying and they replied saying they'd consider any applicant who met the minimum AS grades and achieved over 2600 in UKCAT!

That's 650 so you'll be fine :smile:

Ohh thank you so much :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

Oh wow, that really nails down some details on what they look for in the PS and interview .. Thanks for sharing :smile:
Original post by SiMan
Oh wow, that really nails down some details on what they look for in the PS and interview .. Thanks for sharing :smile:

It's okay :biggrin:
Have they changed their criteria then cause im sure one year everyone below 720 got rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baner-2003
Have they changed their criteria then cause im sure one year everyone below 720 got rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uhh i just emailed them, and they said that the cut off will be 2600, so i will go ahead and apply :P
Oh thats so good I've always wanted to go there but I don't want to waste an application, Ive heard that sometimes if all applications are high they increase it though? Is there a chance of this happening do you think? I got a measly 660

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baner-2003
Oh thats so good I've always wanted to go there but I don't want to waste an application, Ive heard that sometimes if all applications are high they increase it though? Is there a chance of this happening do you think? I got a measly 660

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read the post I made with the link - it has all the details.
Reply 18
They ask us to declare our scores in the other box by every module, but whenever I do, it clears the grade I've entered in the box? Anyone got any ideas what to do?
Original post by Jamoooo
They ask us to declare our scores in the other box by every module, but whenever I do, it clears the grade I've entered in the box? Anyone got any ideas what to do?

Where is this??

Quick Reply