The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Ask a Sheffield Hallam student anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannahbear60
I'm studying physical education and school sport what're you studying?:-) have you thought of accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im studying social work :smile: yeah I'm hopefully applying tonight but still unsure as to what to go for !! How about you??
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by hellodave5
I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam. Ask whatever takes your fancy :smile:

Hello I'll be based at collegiate and was thinking of applying to victoria halls and devonshire courtyard. Do you have any advice on these halls or anywhere better for the same price?
Original post by Physflop
Hello I'll be based at collegiate and was thinking of applying to victoria halls and devonshire courtyard. Do you have any advice on these halls or anywhere better for the same price?

I advise victoria halls, all reviews are great. I'm going to be studying at collegiate and have applied for victoria halls. Also heard opal 1 and Trigon are good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
I advise victoria halls, all reviews are great. I'm going to be studying at collegiate and have applied for victoria halls. Also heard opal 1 and Trigon are good

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm currently living at Victoria Halls and it's brilliant here, amazing location right in the middle of everywhere, staff are amazing and any maintenance which is needed is done extremely quickly! I'd definitely recommend it :smile: not been to Devonshire courtyard so I can't comment on that sorry
Original post by Mogzy
I'm currently living at Victoria Halls and it's brilliant here, amazing location right in the middle of everywhere, staff are amazing and any maintenance which is needed is done extremely quickly! I'd definitely recommend it :smile: not been to Devonshire courtyard so I can't comment on that sorry

Brill thanks! How quickly did u apply for accommodation & how far from the collegiate is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Brill thanks! How quickly did u apply for accommodation & how far from the collegiate is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I applied in February although I don't believe I heard back till beginning of the summer for it as I think they wait for everyone to apply for accommodation before allocating places
I would've estimated at around 15 minutes walk from Victoria Halls so it's pretty close :smile:
Hey, I've just confirmed my place for sheffield Hallam in September and wondering if you have any tips on accomodation?
Original post by hellodave5
I'm a student at Sheffield Hallam. Ask whatever takes your fancy :smile:
Original post by abbiecolder
Hey, I've just confirmed my place for sheffield Hallam in September and wondering if you have any tips on accomodation?

All accoms are generally okay. Though you seem to get more problems with them than in shared housing with friends, but I suppose you tend to need the mates to do that with (2nd year). Location and helpfulness of the staff are probably things to look for. Though I lived at home, as a Sheffield local, so I'm not the best person to ask :P
Has anyone seen Leadmill Point? Any opinions? I'm trying to decide between it and Devonshire courtyard
Has anyone seen Leadmill Point? Any opinions? I'm trying to decide between it and Devonshire courtyard

I was looking at leadmill however went for the anvil instead as the reviews were a lot better :smile:
Original post by Harrietswinford
I was looking at leadmill however went for the anvil instead as the reviews were a lot better :smile:

I like the anvil but I don't really like the price as I won't get a student loan :frown:
I like the anvil but I don't really like the price as I won't get a student loan :frown:

How come? It's not that bad it's around the same as leadmill and Victoria hall I think xxx
How come? It's not that bad it's around the same as leadmill and Victoria hall I think xxx

It's £500 more than Victoria :frown: because it's my 2nd degree I get nothing. Better just hope I get Victoria!
Oh you don't get anything ?!!!
Oh you don't get anything ?!!!

Nope I get £1000 from the nhs to cover live-away placements and that's it. Oh joy 😂
No maintence ???
No maintence ???

No nothing, you can't claim student finance more than once :frown:
What a nightmare :/
No nothing, you can't claim student finance more than once :frown:

Eeep! Really?! This is my second degree too....I thought we could get up to half of the maintenance loan?.....oh man...

If that's really the case I'm going to have to bust out the calculator and see if I can even afford moving away...
Original post by agentdalecooper
Eeep! Really?! This is my second degree too....I thought we could get up to half of the maintenance loan?.....oh man...

If that's really the case I'm going to have to bust out the calculator and see if I can even afford moving away...

Everything I've seen just says you can only get student finance once, if you find out otherwise please tell me haha!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending