The Student Room Group

Realistic advice and expectations PLEASE

After being highly disappointed with my BCDU this year in history, biology, chemistry and physics I have obviously had to change my plans of applying for medicine and now going through bio med to grad med. Of course this isnt the easiest/cheapest option but I am 100% determined to be a doctor. I got 3 A*s 5 A's and 2 B's at GCSE. After emailing my universities of choice they are more reliant on predicted grades and I am certain I can get predicted at least ABB. Do you think I have a chance of attending a good university with this?
You 100% sure you won't get AAA at A2, even if you have to do a lot of resits?
Reply 2
You need to be predicted 3A's to be considered for medicine. Maybe apply for biomedical science and try to get onto a graduate course or take a gap year and reapply if you are certain you can get 3A's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrSupernova
You 100% sure you won't get AAA at A2, even if you have to do a lot of resits?

I think with my resist I will be realistically likely to get ABB-AAB
Original post by staks
You need to be predicted 3A's to be considered for medicine. Maybe apply for biomedical science and try to get onto a graduate course or take a gap year and reapply if you are certain you can get 3A's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my plan is already to apply for biomedical science and do graduate medicine. Im just concerned about getting into a good biomes school to give me a chance at grad courses in the future.
Original post by justinejones96
Yeah my plan is already to apply for biomedical science and do graduate medicine. Im just concerned about getting into a good biomes school to give me a chance at grad courses in the future.

Where you go to uni won't affect your changes at grad med, but how well you do will. Pick somewhere you'll be happy and do a degree that you could envision a career in in case grad medicine doesn't work out (it's quite possible the funding or four year courses won't exist by then so just bear that in mind).

And try to get aaa if you can, take a gap year and apply. It's much less competitive than GEM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending