The Student Room Group

how long would it take to finish a degree at the open university?

If someone already has completed two years at university (so they have an HE diploma), but then they dropped out, and they want to complete their third year at the open university, assuming they can transfer their credits, how long would it take? I've been looking at the website but I can't work it out.

http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/sites/www.open.ac.uk.study.credit-transfer/files/files/ecms/credit-transfer-ps/my-ou-qualification/p/Psychology%20BSc%20Hons%20%28Q07%29.pdf

wtf??? help??
it says it takes 4 years to complete 30-60 credits. how is that possible? :s-smilie:
I recon I could do it in three months of solid work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The table is ridiculous. 14years to complete 330 credits wth?? Anyone who takes that long to finish a degree has a problem.
Anyone??
Reply 5
You can do up to 120 credits a year, or you can take anything up to 16(?) years to do a full degrees worth of 360 credits. Best thing to do would be to call them and explain your situation.
Original post by sherlockfan
Anyone??

I may as well answer you. 14 years is maximum.. a degree with open university takes the same amount of time as a degree from a physical uni. Its a distance learning uni aimed at being flexible so its really up to the individual how long he/she takes. All this info is on their website...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
It depends on how many modules you take up. You can do it in a year of you do enough modules to provide you with the last set of credits required to complete the degree.

The table on the second page is showing the maximum time allowed for the credits. So, for example, 4 years is the maximum amount of time OU allow for 30-60 credits. You can obviously do it in less time if you want to. That's just the to let people know that they can't the piss and spend like 10 years to get that many credits. I think 14 years is the maximum amount of time they allow for people to get the total amount of credits to finish their degrees.
Original post by Waka Flocka
I may as well answer you. 14 years is maximum.. a degree with open university takes the same amount of time as a degree from a physical uni. Its a distance learning uni aimed at being flexible so its really up to the individual how long he/she takes. All this info is on their website...

Posted from TSR Mobile

are the fees the same as well?

Quick Reply

Latest