The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
ah im irish so...it roughly translate to..dont worry about it love..youll be fine surely!:biggrin:
ah feck room for bf number 2:colone:?

Alright. And sorry, I'm a one-man woman :wink:
Original post by cole-slaw
wtf is a "cold approach"? Some kind of PUA woman-repellent bull**** terminology.

and to be clear, wattsy was specifically asking about escalation, not initiation. So that is the question I answered.

Look, go to the pub with some mates. Do women come and chat to you?

If yes, you are attractive.
If no, you are not.

I would have thought 'cold approach' is self explanatory...

I disagree, even if a man is attractive, women still tend not to come and chat to you.

even if they do, they leave it to men to do the asking out/move things further etc
(edited 9 years ago)
I lack the self confidence to approach women. Which results in everyone I meet thinking I'm gay. Which is the reason why I'll forever be alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Because approaching men usually requires them to leave the kitchen...
I never approach guys simply because I'm too shy. I usually don't get approached either, my friends always get the attention instead :frown:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Tbh, I can't help but agree with some of your comments in this thread. I'm a slim black girl, and I've always had trouble attracting guys. Even at school, all the fat white girls were getting boyfriends before I was. Which I don't mean in a horrible way, as fat people don't really bother me personally, but it only confused me a bit because I noticed the media and internet forums like to paint being fat as bad, but then I guess that maybe society still prefers fat and white women over black women.

I've noticed this as well. An average white/non-black girl is seen as better than a good looking black girl. For a black girl to get attention she needs to be extremely good looking or very european looking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trustmeimlying1
ara youll be grand kid
black women are something different..theres always gonna be lads who like that

But we don't want to be seen as different. We don't want guys with a fetish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It has historically been considered the man's "job" to approach, and it's a culture which is self-perpetuating.

Because it is the cultural norm that men approach women, a woman might assume that if a man isn't approaching her, it means that he probably isn't interested in her. Therefore, even if she is interested in him, she still probably won't approach him. This means that, when a man is interested in a woman, he feels that he has to approach her if he wants anything to happen, since she is unlikely to do it herself. So he approaches her, and the cultural norm continues...
Original post by xoflower
Are you black though?

Well I don't see the problem dating out my race, others do. I'm black so I'm undiserable compared to a girl of another race who may look worse than me.

Also, race matters. I don't make it an issue. Racism isn't over, you can say ''everyone is the same, race does not matter'' but honestly it does. Saying it does not does not put an end to racism. People should talk about it to make it NOT an issue.

Just because you experience no racism does not mean that others don't, it also does not mean you should disregard when it happens to others.

While on TSR, black females are treated as undesirable, in real life that isn't really the case. It's not that hard to get approached as a black female unless you're an unattractive black female and even then if you have a banging body (but not so banging face), you'll usually still get approached from pervy types, or guys that aren't serious. Black females don't get as approached by people of other races as often as other females might but that doesn't mean they don't get approached.

Maybe because I live in a multicultural area so there's quite a lot of black guys around, maybe if I lived in a predominantly white area I wouldn't get as approached as much (since most of the guys that approach me are black). It might also be to do with the fact that not all black girls like to date outside their race and not all non-black guys want to date black girls so people are scared to approach each other because you might approach someone who 'doesn't date white/Asian guys' or who 'doesn't date black girls'.

TSR isn't really a representation of real life, if all guys were like TSR guys, all black girls would be single but that's not the case at all.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 322394
Cultural norms. I'm a girl and I've never made the first move in my life, mostly because I've never needed to, guys whoare worth persuing (i.e. confident and interest in you) will approach you.

Euurrgghhh I hate that attitude! cultural norms? erm no just cultural difference and i can say the same about women, if they can't approach you they're not worth it.

Don't worry OP, in japan girls approach men, it's just a cultural difference, japanese men would approach girls if they had more confidence and don't act like "well if they not gonna do it they're not worth persuing"

I find most of the relationship thing in the uk a joke when i'm in other countries. Countries where girls actually act as equals and are respectful and are not stuck up is the way to be.
But we don't want to be seen as different. We don't want guys with a fetish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahaha:biggrin:
yee complain when youre not giving a chance..
yee also complain when theres a "fetish"
being attracted to only white girls is a "fetish"
it makes yeh imagine some pervy moustached ridden lad
but in reality(in most cases) its just some lad who fancies a certain colour in general
hardly something to be scared of
I think I have to agree with earlier posts in this thread. Average to good looking women will get approached much more often than good looking men. Average or less than average men will get very little interest at all in my opinion and if you're a guy and shy, you are pretty much screwed.
Reply 92
Original post by cakefish
I lack the self confidence to approach women. Which results in everyone I meet thinking I'm gay. Which is the reason why I'll forever be alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I'm with you there! I promise to myself university will be different - I will fake confidence. Only one more year to go -__-.
Reply 93
Original post by tazarooni89
It has historically been considered the man's "job" to approach, and it's a culture which is self-perpetuating.

Because it is the cultural norm that men approach women, a woman might assume that if a man isn't approaching her, it means that he probably isn't interested in her. Therefore, even if she is interested in him, she still probably won't approach him. This means that, when a man is interested in a woman, he feels that he has to approach her if he wants anything to happen, since she is unlikely to do it herself. So he approaches her, and the cultural norm continues...

I see! Nice, detailed answer!
Reply 94
Original post by Flyingaround
Euurrgghhh I hate that attitude! cultural norms? erm no just cultural difference and i can say the same about women, if they can't approach you they're not worth it.

Don't worry OP, in japan girls approach men, it's just a cultural difference, japanese men would approach girls if they had more confidence and don't act like "well if they not gonna do it they're not worth persuing"

I find most of the relationship thing in the uk a joke when i'm in other countries. Countries where girls actually act as equals and are respectful and are not stuck up is the way to be.

:O I'm moving to Japan :biggrin:! There are some really beautiful Japanese women though :rolleyes:.
I said as a whole bw are undesirable due to our features. Why deny this?

I think you need a self-esteem boost. That is all.
because men who need to get approached are useless *****
Original post by vortex_199
I think you need a self-esteem boost. That is all.

Perhaps. But what she's saying does hold some truth.
Out of curiosity, are you white? If yes then is this really how white people see black people. It is refreshing to hear what white people really think of blacks, rather than give out their pretend opinions which they don't believe even if it is harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff
In the white community (and even the black community to an extent) there are derogatory stereotypes regarding black partners.
Black men are violent, uneducated, unreliable and lazy and abandon their children. They're seen as being the guys only up for a fling 'in da club' (like the guys on RnB videos.
Black women are sassy, only care about money, they're angry, they have had sex with every guy 'in the hood', their standards are too high, they all have kids, and are absolutely crazy about chasing men.

Yes it can be easier because there are more white people around, but I'm always reminded of the quote: "if it's white it's alright". White is the accepted norm. Black and Asian people most of the time don't have much of an option other than to venture outside of their own race.

Black men and women also increasingly have to live up to European beauty standards. Just do research on the act of 'hair relaxing'.

Out of curiosity, are you white? If yes then is this really how white people see black people. It is refreshing to hear what white people really think of blacks, rather than give out their pretend opinions which they don't believe even if it is harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending