The Student Room Group

M1-5 2015

Thread for the Mechanics exams.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I'm doing M1 and M2 this year, fun times :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
I'm doing M1 and M2 this year, fun times :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OOh. VERY NICE :smile:.
I'm doing M2.
Reply 4
Original post by keromedic
OOh. VERY NICE :smile:.
I'm doing M2.

Any handy tips for an M1 student? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Draw the diagrams and do a lot of varied practice. Definitely try the Soloman papers for M1. They're super difficult and are excellent preparation for the exam.
Reply 6
Draw the diagrams and do a lot of varied practice. Definitely try the Soloman papers for M1. They're super difficult and are excellent preparation for the exam.

I'll have a go once I've covered the syllabus :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which board?

If it's Edexcel, make sure you look at the papers from the early 2000s, as some of the less frequent questions from that era have turned up recently.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Which board?

If it's Edexcel, make sure you look at the papers from the early 2000s, as some of the less frequent questions from that era have turned up recently.

Hi there. Are you at uni? :h:
Hi there. Are you at uni? :h:

No. Long past that. I've just retired from teaching.
Thread for the Mechanics exams.

Are you still applying to cambridge on a gapyear?
Hi! I'll be doing M3 this year and I might do M4 too... but I don't know if I want to put myself through that just yet :s-smilie:
Original post by newblood
Are you still applying to cambridge on a gapyear?

Nope. I'm doing a 3rd year of Alevels so even if I do amazingly, Oxbridge is out of my reach.
Nope. I'm doing a 3rd year of Alevels so even if I do amazingly, Oxbridge is out of my reach.

This is going to sound (slightly) stalkerish, but from what I read on another post of yours, don't you have some extenuating circumstances?

Good luck with any universities you do end up applying to.
Original post by ThatPerson
This is going to sound (slightly) stalkerish, but from what I read on another post of yours, don't you have some extenuating circumstances?

Good luck with any universities you do end up applying to.

I do have extenuating circumstances (and I do know that they can take that into account, especially with children in care) but 3rd years are just a nono for Oxbridge.

It was a dream which I've now given up :smile:. I had my time to grieve and I've moved on.
Reply 15
Doing M2 this year having done M1 last year (100 ums :cute:). Finished self-teaching it about a week ago, quite a nice module (if not a little boring in parts) but I think the really juicy stuff comes in M3/M4/M5 which I'm straying away from :tongue:

Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Draw clear and annotated diagrams even if you feel it's unnecessary, it helps you take into account all relevant information provided. Start quoting your answers to appropriate degrees of accuracy from the very beginning; you don't want to get your results and see you missed a 100 due to 4 sf! Oh and as posters above me had said, definitely revise early 2000s papers as well as Solomons. Doing this literally saved me this year, with that tricky vectors question that had come in 2007 or something :colone:
Reply 16

You're welcome? :P
Reply 18
Doing M3 this year, maybe resitting M2 (got 76) as well.
Reply 19
Sitting M1 and M2 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending