The Student Room Group

what are the job opportunities with a biology degree?

well-paid type of jobs and nothing to do with research or medical field

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Try the prospects website.

I'm doing a Chemistry pathway but not wanting a career in it.
Reply 3
Original post by cdoyle

prospects website? :colondollar: Yes I don't want something biology related but just a well-paid job that could be gotten with that degree
Reply 4
Original post by Meduza
prospects website? :colondollar: Yes I don't want something biology related but just a well-paid job that could be gotten with that degree

I'm looking at a graduate programme in finance. Its www.prospects.ac.uk
Reply 5
Original post by cdoyle

Same here!

Finance, law or marketing afterwards :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Meduza

Why do you want to do a biology degree then?
Reply 7
Rather than listing potential careers, I think it would be easier to tell you that there are very few career paths you will not be able to follow with a biology degree from a good university.
Reply 8
Original post by kkboyk
Why do you want to do a biology degree then?

because I enjoy it! but I don't want to do further research in it after graduating or become a teacher :colonhash:
Original post by pane123
Rather than listing potential careers, I think it would be easier to tell you that there are very few career paths you will not be able to follow with a biology degree from a good university.

I see - thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Meduza
well-paid type of jobs and nothing to do with research or medical field

You can always look at the uni course on their website, click on the careers tab and you'll see potential jobs for after your degree for manchester : http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2014/00524/biology-3-years-bsc/careers/
Reply 10
Original post by tal_08
You can always look at the uni course on their website, click on the careers tab and you'll see potential jobs for after your degree for manchester : http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2014/00524/biology-3-years-bsc/careers/

That's great - something in finance sounds interesting. Thanks!
Reply 11
Original post by Meduza
That's great - something in finance sounds interesting. Thanks!

no probs! I'm thinking about doing a biology degree and would defo chose finance :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by tal_08
no probs! I'm thinking about doing a biology degree and would defo chose finance :biggrin:

yes hahaha I originally applied for geology but now drifting away from it to wanting to do bio hehehe! and yes area of finance would interest me more than further research or teaching :tongue:
Reply 13
A lot of graduate schemes in many different industries are just looking for a degree of a minimum standard, regardless of what it is in. (to a point, I assume...)
Reply 14
Original post by Meduza
because I enjoy it! but I don't want to do further research in it after graduating or become a teacher :colonhash:

I see - thanks!

Oh okay, but most job requiring a biology degree are more lab based -.-
Reply 15
Original post by kkboyk
Oh okay, but most job requiring a biology degree are more lab based -.-

not at all..... those are the ones directly connected to degree and that's not what I meant hahaha

Original post by 0mgJohn
A lot of graduate schemes in many different industries are just looking for a degree of a minimum standard, regardless of what it is in. (to a point, I assume...)

yes true! thanks :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Meduza
not at all..... those are the ones directly connected to degree and that's not what I meant hahaha

yes true! thanks :smile:

You could become an Environmental Agent/Scientist, Public health care officer, account handler and pretty much enter the field of finance.
Reply 17
Original post by kkboyk
You could become an Environmental Agent/Scientist, Public health care officer, account handler and pretty much enter the field of finance.

true! thanks :P
Reply 18
Original post by Meduza
true! thanks :P

Sorry for being a pain... had you considered a joint honour degree like Biology with business?
Reply 19
Original post by kkboyk
Sorry for being a pain... had you considered a joint honour degree like Biology with business?

No I didn't and you actually gave me an idea... but could I do smthng like business along with bio when I haven't done A-levels like Business or Economics? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest