The Student Room Group

What gov.board took over the Southern group and Wessex Group in the 1990?

Hi, I really need help as im due to start my access course and cant unless I get a copy of my old exam results, and unfortunately my old school, Corfe Hills Upper school , dorset holds no records.

I need to find out what Governing board took over the Southern Group and also the Wessex group?

I took my GCSE's in 1990.

Any help would be massively appreciated.:smile:
I'm sorry I can't help, but I wanted to say that Corfe (Castle, I presume?) is a lovely and amazing place! I'm jealous that you live there! I guess you could try Swanage? Or Weymouth? Purbeck? Any local council may have the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GinaBeana
Hi, I really need help as im due to start my access course and cant unless I get a copy of my old exam results, and unfortunately my old school, Corfe Hills Upper school , dorset holds no records.

I need to find out what Governing board took over the Southern Group and also the Wessex group?

I took my GCSE's in 1990.

Any help would be massively appreciated.:smile:

Put a towel round your head.

The Southern Examining Group (that is a GCSE board) ended up in AQA. The SEG included the old Southern and South West Regional Exam Boards which were old CSE exam boards.

However the Midland Examining Group (that is another GCSE board) ended up in OCR which is a brand of Cambridge Assessment. That may be relevant to you because the Southern Universities Joint Board (which was an old O level board and in your day still an A level board) was part of the Midland Examining Group.

There was no group known as the Wessex Group but I cannot say whether any of the groups used the Wessex name for branding purposes.

Quick Reply

Latest