University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Exceptional
Received my offer today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

For what course?
Just sent off my application yesterday and got an acknowledgement 40 minutes after it was sent from Leicester and I am really excited about this really want an offer from here.

I also have had an acknowledgement from Lancaster.
How come there are 2 threads for the same thing? Isn't the sticky thread at the top good enough for you people? xD:horse:
Original post by Yasmin182
For what course?

Financial Economics :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied for both computer science and computing 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going for MSc Advanced Computer Science jan 15...
India
has anyone applied for criminology? :smile:
does anyone know how you get an unconditional offer for Leicester? like do you need certain grades??
I dont know - a girl in my chem class has an unconditional chem offer - i still havent heard from them yet - its been 5 days - getting a bit worried 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I'm applying for Film and Media studies but I'm torn between uni of bham, Leicester and Coventry for my firm and insurance! Coventry will most likely be my insurance so firm will be between bham and Leicester

Posted from TSR Mobile
i got rejected from everything :,( admissions tutor at Leicester was nice though , he's offered me a phone call to discuss my options so hopefully i can apply through extra and clearing , literally i want to go to this university so badly :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by drbumblebee
i got rejected from everything :,( admissions tutor at Leicester was nice though , he's offered me a phone call to discuss my options so hopefully i can apply through extra and clearing , literally i want to go to this university so badly :smile:

I feel so sorry to hear that. I got rejected by Leicester as well and the others are holding my application. Feel like I will be rejected by all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucytowers7
does anyone know how you get an unconditional offer for Leicester? like do you need certain grades??

Yes those people who put in their ums and have like consistent grades-7As 3 A*s at gcse ...6 As at AS level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wing:)
I feel so sorry to hear that. I got rejected by Leicester as well and the others are holding my application. Feel like I will be rejected by all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only get rejected on the basis of merit. So if your predicted grades/AS grades are no where near the entry cricteria you will get rejected. As this is an indication iff the candidate has sufficient ability to cope and achieve a decent classification on the course ...2:1 minimum. Maybe they've done you a favour as you're not for the uni and the uni is not for you. Sorry to say..but you still have a shot through adjustment/clearing! If exams are too much the easiest route into a top uni is a btec :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Hi,
Has anyone had an offer for medical genetics ? I sent my application of on the 8th of December and waiting on an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgecake22
You only get rejected on the basis of merit. So if your predicted grades/AS grades are no where near the entry cricteria you will get rejected. As this is an indication iff the candidate has sufficient ability to cope and achieve a decent classification on the course ...2:1 minimum. Maybe they've done you a favour as you're not for the uni and the uni is not for you. Sorry to say..but you still have a shot through adjustment/clearing! If exams are too much the easiest route into a top uni is a btec :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah they dont place AS/A2 grades that highly if they can see you have good GCSE's , i got rejected because of my predicted grades so im going to do well in mocks so i can get them up and email them so they might reconsider :s-smilie: and btec ? Ive never seen a top uni that accepts btec - i dont know if its the course i want but yeah :smile:
Reply 37
nah they dont place AS/A2 grades that highly if they can see you have good GCSE's , i got rejected because of my predicted grades so im going to do well in mocks so i can get them up and email them so they might reconsider :s-smilie: and btec ? Ive never seen a top uni that accepts btec - i dont know if its the course i want but yeah :smile:

I think there is only 1 or 2 unis in the UK who don't, I took BTEC and am now at Royal Holloway I also got offers from 2 Russell Groups, personally I think BTEC prepares you better for certain courses that have a vocational nature like CompSci, Engineering, Nursing, Business, Media etc.

Was going to tell you DDD= worth same ucas points as AAA ...obviously it shouldn't be as it's not as intellectually demanding. But it's the easiest route in. Loads of people fail their A levels achieving mediocre grades.. but due to arrogance and the stigma attached to a btec people put it off. People have got into ucl with btecs ..almost every uni except oxbridge/lse etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Economics and Accounting, Distinction BB and my Btec is in Sport, Hopefully I get into either this or Kent as they both have beautiful courses

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending