The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lozvegas
Thank you all!

In the email they said I didn't get funding. Would this mean just from the department, or also from the college/ uni? Not sure how funding works

Just the department, the college funding is assessed separately.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
The English Department process is starting to remind me of that old secondary school tactic:

'Miss, I forgot my homework...I'll bring it in tomorrow!' *is absent the rest of the week*

LOL :biggrin:

But I noticed how the dates get less specific in time, from straight days and months to "April 2015" (for AHRC funding notificiations) and "end of May" for decisions. Well, first is "April 2015" I guess. Which starts in 4 days :wink:

Anybody already received note on being nominated for any funding or scholarships? (Would especially like to know of prospective PhD people in the Arts and Humanities departments...) Thanks for sharing!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2183
Original post by sansonnet

But I noticed how the dates get less specific in time, from straight days and months to "April 2015" (for AHRC funding notificiations) and "end of May" for decisions. Well, first is "April 2015" I guess. Which starts in 4 days :wink:

Anybody already received note on being nominated for any funding or scholarships? (Would especially like to know of prospective PhD people in the Arts and Humanities departments...) Thanks for sharing!

No, today is for the shortlisting, "April" for decisions, and you must tell them if you take the money or not by the end of May. I haven't heard anything yet. :cry2:
Original post by lozvegas
Thank you all!

In the email they said I didn't get funding. Would this mean just from the department, or also from the college/ uni? Not sure how funding works

Are you someone who needed to know especially early due to other offers or...?

I was resigned to probably hearing after the Easter holidays but your being notified has just jolted my refreshing mania :colondollar:.
Original post by PandarusPenguin
Just the department, the college funding is assessed separately.

And I'm guessing we won't hear from colleges for a good 2+ months?
Reply 2186
Original post by sansonnet

Mmmh, apparently, the shortlisting was done on 19 March, but I don't see how it is possible since English applicants still don't know the outcome of their application.
Original post by Josb
Mmmh, apparently, the shortlisting was done on 19 March, but I don't see how it is possible since English applicants still don't know the outcome of their application.

Josb, are you giving up on hearing for the day? :s-smilie:
Reply 2188
Original post by zeldasayre
Josb, are you giving up on hearing for the day? :s-smilie:

I wait till 6PM, then I enjoy my WE. I need to rest for the coming weeks. April will be exhausting.
Original post by Josb
I wait till 6PM, then I enjoy my WE. I need to rest for the coming weeks. April will be exhausting.

That seems like a quality plan. Best of luck to you!
Original post by sandman123
Any other DPIR heard back?? (Dphils not Mphils!)

You're still awaiting word too?! Glad I am not alone in this purgatory. Hopefully no stages of Dante's Inferno await!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2191
Has anyone heard back from the department of Anthropology? I thought the results would be sent this week, but still nothing in sight :frown: Danke!
Original post by FudgeFairy
Yeah they do. I'm still waiting on my college decision :/ I hope they don't send those emails out all at once!

Ah now I don't know my college yet so maybe college and the email is tied together? Ugh this process is stressful - and I've not heard back from them yet .... Though I guess they will be bombarded with emails....

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh. so annoyed that i get to wait through another weekend of this crap...oh well.
Just received my official email for acceptance, so I guess many others will.

For DPIR MPhil Politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iyani
Has anyone heard back from the department of Anthropology? I thought the results would be sent this week, but still nothing in sight :frown: Danke!

Nothing. :frown:
Original post by aplazzarin
Congrats! Who did you email exactly?

Thank you! I emailed QEH admissions and addressed Marina, the Secretary. As I said in an earlier post, I received an email from faculty and not from Marina.

Hope that's helpful!
Reply 2197
Does anybody know something about the AHRC nominations? :cry2:
Original post by person28
Thank you! I emailed QEH admissions and addressed Marina, the Secretary. As I said in an earlier post, I received an email from faculty and not from Marina.

Hope that's helpful!

Thank you! She did not answer my email but I guess they're very busy these days. Good luck for your scholarship!
Original post by chrissysparkle
JESUS H. CHRIST ON A GODDAMN CRACKER.

I'm going to go out tomorrow and buy a muumuu and a tambourine so that I can join a lovely commune out in the bush where obsessively checking one's emails every thirty-five seconds for news from MML about the MSt in Modern Languages is not a thing.

Who's coming with me?!

Right? Like, they couldn't email us to tell us that the decisions would be out later?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending