The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2420
Original post by LadyMede
I just want it to be all over. I think I might cry if I don't hear back today :frown:

I hear you.

Has anyone heard if English results *wont* be out today...?

:bawling:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by 4625
I hear you.

Has anyone heard if English results *wont* be out today...?

:bawling:

I haven't heard that, but haven't called today. Has anyone been brave enough to dial the department in the last few hours? Well this is quite nerve-wracking!
My feelings towards my alma mater at this moment. [video="youtube;N3JFwd1bk4Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JFwd1bk4Q[/video]
Reply 2423
Ok, it's 4:30pm and the office is closing at 5:30pm. I am just going to assume that this isn't going to happen today *rage*.
Original post by harrietta3
My feelings towards my alma mater at this moment. [video="youtube;N3JFwd1bk4Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JFwd1bk4Q[/video]

Preach.

When I look over the emails where they told me results would be out like one and a half weeks ago, I'm like...

http://dragaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Bianca-Del-Rio-RuPauls-Drag-Race-Oh-My-God-Gif.gif
Reply 2425
Original post by mbeech
Just heard from English. Have an offer for 1830-1914 Mst! Hope everyone else hears today!!!

This was the daily offer from the department of English. Come back tomorrow. :evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana:
Law offer holders (Especially research students), has anyone heard back from funding? Around when are clarendon scholarships normally announced?
Original post by 4625
Ok, it's 4:30pm and the office is closing at 5:30pm. I am just going to assume that this isn't going to happen today *rage*.

Don't go by the timing.. I had received my acceptance email at 6.15 pm... So don't get disheartened if you don't hear anything by 5.30pm :smile:
For the ODID people - Clarendon nominations have already been decided. I'm not sure whether they sent emails to the nominated students, but they told me I was not nominated after contacting them. They decide on the Departmental Award in May apparently. Also University offices will be closed from 2 - 7, so we can all have compulsive-checking-free Easter :smile: !
Reply 2429
Original post by aradia.nox
I'm a contemporary girl (M.St 1900-Present at Oxford, and M.Phil Criticism & Culture at Cambridge). Think I'm edging towards Cambridge as the programme suits me a bit better, but I feel very grateful to have such a great selection of choices. Perhaps I'll see you next year!

Original post by dramallama
Well done. :smile: I'm also deciding between 1830-1914 at Ox and Modern and Contemporary at Cam! Do you know which one you prefer? I'm edging towards Oxford as I went to Cambridge for undergrad but it's hard to choose between them.

Original post by mbeech
:smile: Thanks all! Hope everyone hears today the wait has been totally maddening!

No funding though, so now to decide between Ox and Cam!

Wait for the colleges, perhaps. :dontknow:
Original post by helix1991
For the ODID people - Clarendon nominations have already been decided. I'm not sure whether they sent emails to the nominated students, but they told me I was not nominated after contacting them. They decide on the Departmental Award in May apparently. Also University offices will be closed from 2 - 7, so we can all have compulsive-checking-free Easter :smile: !

I heard nominated students don't get notified. Only the final recipients will get a direct notification.

Did you call them to ask them whether you had been nominated?
Just a quick question.

If you heard the results back in December, is this anyhow an advantage when put in consideration for funding..? Or is it the same as hearing back now?

Do you mind sharing who you spoke to? I called a few days ago and they said they don't send out info on nominations. Do you think they only told you because you asked or did you get an email?

Please do let us know your outcome - would really like to have a checking free Easter and accept the outcome either way :smile:
English applicants still waiting to hear on the decision, how are you all doing?
Reply 2435
Original post by zeldasayre
English applicants still waiting to hear on the decision, how are you all doing?

Frustrated doesn't quite cover it.
I know, right? I just don't understand why they won't give us a more realistic answer. Why "today or tomorrow"? Why not "approximately X weeks until everything is done"? I don't mind the waiting as much as the false answers (and the crushed hopes)...
Original post by greenpeace8
I heard nominated students don't get notified. Only the final recipients will get a direct notification.

Did you call them to ask them whether you had been nominated?

I sent an email in the morning to ODID's graduate coordinator and graduate administrator.
Original post by zeldasayre

Very anxious to know what the remainder of the year will look like.

Will further (successful) English applicants be less likely to be placed at their favoured college? Seems like offer-holders from other faculties are already being contacted by colleges with placement offers.

Hi! Did they mention anything about when nominees would find out for sure, either way? Thanks for the info btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending