The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford 2015/16 Postgraduate Applicants

anyone got offer or response from this program?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Nothing yet. My app was submitted round the start of November. What about you? They told me by email to expect a response only after late January...
Reply 3
ya, the email received right after my application at 18/11. but do u know they rejected someone?
Reply 4
anyone got offer?
Reply 5
do they have interviews for this program
Reply 6
Hey!
Since the Cantab thread has already started, I think it's time for Oxonians-in-spe to join TSR. I have decided to apply for Law DPhil and MILF :biggrin: (yes, I know they skip the 'i' for obvious reasons) this year. So... Let the games begin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Me for MSt Linguistics :smile:
4-year PhD in neuroscience or the Msc in neuroscience :smile:
Reply 9
Did any of you, guys, manage to discover how to create a multiple application? I intend to apply for three degrees, the application guide tells about submitting multiple application, as well as the technical FAQ, but I can't deal with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by kset
Hey!
Since the Cantab thread has already started, I think it's time for Oxonians-in-spe to join TSR. I have decided to apply for Law DPhil and MILF :biggrin: (yes, I know they skip the 'i' for obvious reasons) this year. So... Let the games begin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please don't do this. I know oxford and cambridge have their traditions, but using the latin version of the names is really pretentious, especially on an internet forum. I'm sure you're super-excited to apply to oxbridge, but there's a real world out there, not all of whom speak latin.
Original post by kset
Did any of you, guys, manage to discover how to create a multiple application? I intend to apply for three degrees, the application guide tells about submitting multiple application, as well as the technical FAQ, but I can't deal with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you click 'start new' application in the embark system it gives an option to choose which number application you'd like to work on. If you're applying for more than one, choose 1, fill that out, click 'start new' then choose '2', etc.
Reply 12
Thanks a lot, it appears I have been using wrong browser - i can't manage multiple applications at Chrome, but it showed up while using Safari.

indiap, sorry for using Latin words, if it bothers you THAT much. I thought it may also function as a normal adjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm enrolled on the MSc in Migration Studies due to start this October. If anyone has any questions on the course or on my college, Green Templeton (postgrad-only), after I've started, then do feel free to ask.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kset
Thanks a lot, it appears I have been using wrong browser - i can't manage multiple applications at Chrome, but it showed up while using Safari.

indiap, sorry for using Latin words, if it bothers you THAT much. I thought it may also function as a normal adjective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FWIW, back in the States, "Cantab" was a much-beloved slur used to refer to a "student" at "Harvard University" among Yale students; don't know if that's a thing in this case (though it really should be if it isn't.)
Original post by kset

I was on Chrome when I tried it out :/ Oh well, best to just use Safari for you if you're having problems.
(edited 9 years ago)
MPhil Comparative Government.

I have a question. I want to apply for ESRC funding as well. Do I need to supply a research proposal as an additional document alongside the statement of purpose?

I have emailed a few professors and hope they get back to me soon.
I'm applying for a DPhil in theoretical computer science (and I'm a current student -- about to go into fourth year -- in mathematics and compsci)!

Original post by kset

Original post by indiap

BTW "Oxonian" is generally used to refer to people and things from/relating to Oxford as a city and a university, and is quite normal and not really seen as pretentious in my experience (it's the equivalent of 'Londoner' for someone from London, or 'Bristolian' for someone from Bristol). I'm not as familiar with Cambridge but I think it's similar there too!

It's true that it's easy to get a bit pretentious when talking about Oxbridge matters, but I think you're in the clear on this one :wink:
Reply 18
Hey everyone! :smile: I'm applying for MPhil in Greek and/or Latin Languages and Literature in January -- good luck to everyone :smile:
I'm applying to MSt English (1900-Present). Bit worried as I'm not an English undergrad.

Quick Reply