The Student Room Group

Aqa dt gcse grade

Hi,

I got an A (143) in Unit 1 (the exam)
and i got a B (170) in Unit 2 (the coursework)

I am 1 mark away from an A* (144) in the exam. If i get it re-marked and get an A* will it have an affect on my overall grade which is currently a B?

any help?advice would be much appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no
No. I got an A in the Coursework, 99/100 UMS and an A* in the exam - 58/80 or something.

I got an A overall. So I doubt your marks will change enough to pull you into an A. You need more than a mark or so.
Reply 3
Original post by JayJay-C19
No. I got an A in the Coursework, 99/100 UMS and an A* in the exam - 58/80 or something.

I got an A overall. So I doubt your marks will change enough to pull you into an A. You need more than a mark or so.

well done mate

99/100 is an A for coursework??? Was that supposed to be the other way round? :O

(Well done by the way! :h:)
Original post by nevertoo
well done mate

:smile: Thanks
Original post by karmacrunch
99/100 is an A for coursework??? Was that supposed to be the other way round? :O

(Well done by the way! :h:)

99/100 UMS is what it is on my results slip. I was literally a mark from an A*

So you need 100% UMS for an A* in your Textiles coursework?
Did you get it remarked to see? :redface:
So you need 100% UMS for an A* in your Textiles coursework?
Did you get it remarked to see? :redface:

To be honest with you, I have no clue. I can show you my slip if you want?

I got 50/50 for Design and like 38 or 40 out of 50 for Make.

Then got into the A* boundary on the paper by a few marks. I dont know of it's because of the exam! I was only just out of an A* overall.

I think but I'm not sure, I got 88 and 90 was an A* on the coursework.
Original post by Mr...
:console:
Well done anyway! :biggrin:

Thanks buddy *hugs* :smile:
Original post by Mr...
Your welcome :jumphug:

Spoiler

Theres no need. I got an A and an A is great. I am not continuing it on nor doing a D&T related degree or AS Levels. So, it's a wait for nothing. I have a high UMS A and I'm happy :biggrin:
To be honest with you, I have no clue. I can show you my slip if you want?

I got 50/50 for Design and like 38 or 40 out of 50 for Make.

Then got into the A* boundary on the paper by a few marks. I dont know of it's because of the exam! I was only just out of an A* overall.

I think but I'm not sure, I got 88 and 90 was an A* on the coursework.

You can if you want, I don't mind. I'd better look at past grade boundaries then for next year.

So annoyed because your marks are really good! :tongue:

I hope you're happy regardless! Textiles is difficult so that your marks are very impressive! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
You can if you want, I don't mind. I'd better look at past grade boundaries then for next year.

So annoyed because your marks are really good! :tongue:

I hope you're happy regardless! Textiles is difficult so that your marks are very impressive! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bud :smile:
Original post by Mr...
Nevertheless your grade is very good :biggrin:

What were you going to do for AS anyways :holmes:

History, Biology, English Literature and Philosophy.

Did you do a GCE? because if so, you can't get an A* A is the highest grade possible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StudyMunchkin
It is out of 120 UMS. You got 99/120

I'm not doing the same course as you nor exam board. It's out of 100. I have friends on AQA however, so I was advising based on that.
I'm not doing the same course as you nor exam board. It's out of 100. I have friends on AQA however, so I was advising based on that.

I didn't notice it was Textiles, that was in reference to Product Design.
Original post by StudyMunchkin
I didn't notice it was Textiles, that was in reference to Product Design.

Fair enough :smile: it's all the same really. A few marks likely won't bring you up to an A overall. I don't know - remark if you want to!
Fair enough :smile: it's all the same really. A few marks likely won't bring you up to an A overall. I don't know - remark if you want to!

:smile: yeah i know, I need seven marks to change my overall grade. My school asked me if I wanted to get it remarked on them :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest