The Student Room Group

Is there any point in buying a Fresher's Pass?

So I'm considering buying one for the Fresher's Fortnight at my uni (Essex) and it will cost £90. Considering it sounds like good value for money and the line up sounds pretty good, I'm a bit apprehensive as I'm not sure I'll enjoy the clubbing experience, I may not go out every night, and my future flatmates may not be up for it either. So what should I do?
Original post by Ndella
So I'm considering buying one for the Fresher's Fortnight at my uni (Essex) and it will cost £90. Considering it sounds like good value for money and the line up sounds pretty good, I'm a bit apprehensive as I'm not sure I'll enjoy the clubbing experience, I may not go out every night, and my future flatmates may not be up for it either. So what should I do?

Is it likely that this forum will persuade you from not buying one?
That's quite steep in terms of cost! My freshers cost £30. Freshers is good fun though so I'd probably say go for it.
Reply 3
I didn't go to every event that was part of my freshers pack but I still think it was worth it. I just sold my spare tickets on my halls' Facebook group - there'll be at least one person who'll want your ticket if you're worried about that :smile:.
Original post by Ndella

I'd suggest you wait and see what your flatmates are doing. Not to mention that if you only want to go to a few events (rather than every one), you might save money by not buying the Pass.
Do the maths, how much is individual entry to events, how may events do you have to go to to make it worthwhile?

If your flatmates all have one, you will probably want to get one to so as not to be left out.
Reply 6
Original post by tarmaclover
Is it likely that this forum will persuade you from not buying one?

I don't know, mabye. I'm swinging towards not buying one tbh

Quick Reply