The Student Room Group

Digital camera- 'FRAME NO. FULL'??!!??

I haven't used my camera in a while but when i was gonna take a photo the other day, it wouldn't let me. Instead on the screen it says 'FRAME NO. FULL'. i have never had that before, it has always let me take a pic. :frown: It isn't anything to do with my battereies i don't think because i have charged them up. I would look in my instruction manual for my camera but i have no idea where it is!!
Does anyone know that- 'FRAME NO. FULL' means?
Reply 1
emmz23
I haven't used my camera in a while but when i was gonna take a photo the other day, it wouldn't let me. Instead on the screen it says 'FRAME NO. FULL'. i have never had that before, it has always let me take a pic. :frown: It isn't anything to do with my battereies i don't think because i have charged them up. I would look in my instruction manual for my camera but i have no idea where it is!!
Does anyone know that- 'FRAME NO. FULL' means?

What Camera do you have? Find out the exact model number, it should be written somewhere on there. We can download the manual of the net if we have the model number.

Is the memory full?
Reply 2
When you take pictures and then wipe them off, does it reuse the numbering system? i.e. if you take 50 pictures and it names them DSC_00001 to DSC_00050, then wipe the card, does it name the next 50 you take in the same way, or does it take DSC_00051 to DSC_00100? If it doesn't reset the picture name numbers, that could well be your problem.

I can't help you further than this - somewhere on the camera there'll be a menu that will let you turn continuous (or consecutive, or non-repetitive.. no idea what it would call it) frame numbers off, or reset em.

Good luck with it anyway.
Reply 3
No the memory isn't full. There are no pictures cos i deleted them all. When i delete the pictures from my camera, yah the pictures goes on to e.g. DSC_00051 to DSC_000100 etc. But i don't understand cos i have taken a few hundred pics with my camera now. My camera model number is Fujifilm A345. I guess i could try and find the manual online and see if they have anything on what 'FRAME NO. FULL' means.
Reply 4
Yeah, theoretically it's on page 51 of the manual. On the set-up menu, I reckon you need to change the FRAME NO. setting to RENEW, then transfer all your pictures off and wipe the card. Then try it. It sounds very plausible, considering the setting itself is called 'FRAME NO.'

In my experiences, although I love my old fujifilm finepix, fujifilm digital cameras and their wacked out menu options are more trouble than they're worth...
Reply 5
yey it worked!! :smile::smile::smile: I set the FRAME NO. to RENEW.
ThankS 4 your help!
Original post by emmz23
yey it worked!! :smile::smile::smile: I set the FRAME NO. to RENEW.
ThankS 4 your help!

how do you get to settings and do that x x x:confused:
Reply 7
I have Fuji HS35EXR Camera.showing Frame No. Full. Inserted 64 GB Memory Card. Camera consumed only 13 GB. Free Memory left 46 GB. Why the camera is not consuming the free memory? How to consume whole of the memory card ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending