The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

BSc Computer Gaming Technology Students (1st years)

Hey Everyone!
I will be studying the Computer Gaming Technology course starting this September at the Cambridge campus. It would be nice to find some other students who will also be on this course :smile:
Cant wait to start and it'll be nice to hear from you guys xD
Liam
I'll be studying it also :biggrin: well the extended course, I'm looking to meet other students aswell
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I'm going to be studying this year. Getting quite exited now! Going to be on the extended course also. Will you be studying the extended course Liam?
Ollie
Reply 3
Original post by ow142
Hi I'm going to be studying this year. Getting quite exited now! Going to be on the extended course also. Will you be studying the extended course Liam?
Ollie

Hey Guys nice to hear from you :biggrin: I'm not on the Extended course just on the regular three year one (as far as I know its not the extended please correct me if I am wrong lol).
Really buzzing for the start of it all haha I'm sure I'll see you guys around even if we're not in the same class etc. xD
Reply 4
There's two courses for Computer Gaming Technology. The extended course which I'm on has a foundation year at the beginning is all, but will probably see you around :-) . I'm the same just want to get there and start now!! I take it you guys will be going to the induction day on the 22nd?
Most probably... can't beat the 9am monday mornings for our course haha
Reply 6
Oh I understand now, I think originally I put down to do the foundation course but I believe I changed that later on or something along those lines.
I'll be going on the 22nd and yes Jake couldn't agree with you more gotta love those brisk cold mornings *cry!*
Have you guys got accomodation or are you commuting to and from Cambridge like myself? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Im going to be commuting. I live in Baldock, and my partner is going to the University Of Herts in Hatfield. With Baldock being pretty much slap bang in the middle between Hatfield and Cambridge it works out really well I did think about driving to uni, but with no parking on campus and the Park and Ride being really slow I'm going to be using the train, even though Im probably going to have to sell a kidney to use our 'ahem' wonderful public transport system....
Does anyone have any more in depth information about the course we're doing? I have read the site numerous times I just want to know more than told. Thanks
Reply 9
Have you been able to find the modules on evision? From what I can see the foundation year is pretty broad, as it covers a lot of aspects that can be applied to a lot of courses. It will obviously have a lean towards gaming. The first modules we wil be covering are Foundation Gaming Technology, Foundation Mathematics, and Core Skills.
If you want to see a bit more about it log into evision, then go to the VLE section, that brings up each module. I've found if you click on it then it will give you reading lists etc.
Hope this helps
Ollie
Reply 10
Hey guys sorry I've not giving a reply lately been busy getting everything together. I've just found the modules on the VLE and I think I want to cry lol. It's certainly going to be an interesting year or first semester for that matter. It appears now that I'm going to be travelling to the uni by train as well but I've got to find out how far away the Camb train station is from the actual Uni.
Well only a week to go until the induction day, apparently I have to go to Room Lab 002 Lord Ashcroft Building, is that the same you that you guys are going to or will you be going to another room? :smile:
Reply 11
Hey, yeah I've just double checked and I'm going to be in the same room so will have to say hi. Are you guys going to the Freshers Fair on the Wednesday?
Ollie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending