The Student Room Group

5 AS Levels: Workload

what will my workload be like at AS level if I am doing maths. further maths, french, chemistry and Government and Politics? Might be useful to know I got 10 A*s at GCSE, hence am being pressured to do 5 AS levels.
Original post by albyedw
what will my workload be like at AS level if I am doing maths. further maths, french, chemistry and Government and Politics? Might be useful to know I got 10 A*s at GCSE, hence am being pressured to do 5 AS levels.

Honestly, when it comes to Alevels, your GCSE grades mean next to nothing. I know people with all A/A* who got Es and Ds in their AS. The workload obviously larger then someone doing four subjects but it's definitely doable. You just need to be organised and determined.:smile:
I honestly don't see the point of doing government and politics, you can learn about that stuff from reading a broadsheet
I don't want to put you off or anything,but as someone who took five AS Levels, it is a huge amount of work. You will have to use your free periods just for work, plus outside lessons. Its definitely doable; I got pretty decent results but you have to work very hard.
I did 5 AS levels and 4 A2 levels and averaged over 90% in my AS exams. I did a solid amount of revision though... You'll be more than fine if you spend an hour or two a day going over stuff.
Reply 5
will i/ should i still have time for a social life.

Quick Reply

Latest