The Student Room Group

ALevel subjects

I am going to start sixth form from tomorrow, and I have picked the following A Level subjects:

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
Physics

I know that with these subjects, you can enter may different career paths, however I just wanted some sort of advice as to what career paths some of you may suggest... and as well as that, any tips/advice that you may have for me, such as any specific websites to use, or any advice from personal experiences, if any of you have studied some of these subjects.

Thanks a lot, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
A lot will depend on how much you enjoy each A-level and what topics you enjoy. The most obvious career pathways to go down would be finance or engineering with those a-levels, but plenty of people do uni courses/jobs that aren't obvious choices based on their a-levels.
If you're considering going to university after your a-levels, you might want to check out: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/options_with_your_subject.htm
It shows you what kind of career options you have after different degrees, so it's not exactly tailored to your situation, but you can still look at the page for each subject you've chosen at A-level and see what your options would be if you took it to degree level.
Quick tip for maths/FM A-level: examsolutions is a brilliant website, check it out if you haven't already.

Quick Reply

Latest