The Student Room Group

Do you know anything about the following universities? :)

I've decided on my top 5 universities that I will apply to do law at. Here they are in no particular order:

Oxford
Exeter
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol

If you know anything at all about these universities and have some advice on how I should rank them, please do help!

Thanks a lot.
Reply 1
Original post by studentiam
I've decided on my top 5 universities that I will apply to do law at. Here they are in no particular order:

Oxford
Exeter
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol

If you know anything at all about these universities and have some advice on how I should rank them, please do help!

Thanks a lot.

They are all great institutions, but do they not all have the same AAA entry requirement? Would that not make the idea of an insurance pointless?

Oxford
Exeter
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol

Thanks a lot.

There is plenty of information out there. Each of those universities even has its own forum on TSR. You should have a go at doing your own research. There is no need to 'rank' them. The Ucas form arranges them into alphabetical order automatically.

Oxford
Exeter
Edinburgh
Durham
Bristol

Thanks a lot.

By 'rank' I assume you mean which you should have as your firm & which as your insurance (when you get offers).

You do not need to 'rank' them on UCAS, the order you put them in is inconsequential.

When you receive offers, select your firm offer by the one that you would most prefer to go to. Your insurance should be an offer that has a slightly lower entry requirement, in case you miss your firm offer; considering this, it might be a good idea to swap out one of your above choices for one that requires less than AAA just in case.
Reply 4
Original post by ian s
They are all great institutions, but do they not all have the same AAA entry requirement? Would that not make the idea of an insurance pointless?

I do the IB; Exeter asks for 34-36 points compared to the 38 points required by Oxford and Durham therefore Exeter would be my insurance. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending