The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

anyone not got accommodation in halls?

hi I've just got an email from Birmingham saying all the halls are taken up and I need to go to a house hunting day for private accommodation on the 12th September. Does anyone else have to do this??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by gc14
hi I've just got an email from Birmingham saying all the halls are taken up and I need to go to a house hunting day for private accommodation on the 12th September. Does anyone else have to do this??
I haven't got a spot in halls either, RIP in peace social life.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by Fatcoin
I haven't got a spot in halls either, RIP in peace social life.

haha i know it sucks r you going to the thing on the
12th?
Reply 3
So glad I'm not the only one - stressed out. Im in the same boat. Defo going on the 12th
Reply 4
Original post by gc14

Hi where is this happening? I cant find accommodation either!
Reply 5
Original post by beepatel

This year we received extremely high numbers of applications and demand for accommodation, which unfortunately means that we do not have any available rooms within University owned accommodation to offer you. We appreciate that this can be an anxious time and wish to offer you support in your search for accommodation to ensure you have a great student experience, starting with choosing the right accommodation.

To assist you in your search we have put together a Freshers’ house hunting event aimed at finding students house shares in private rented accommodation with accredited landlords. This event will take place Friday 12th September at the University and allows you to meet with other students who are also seeking accommodation. You can speak with experienced staff members and informative student helpers who can offer advice and assistance on local areas and what to look for when choosing accommodation in the private sector. Advisors will be on hand to check contracts and ensure that your accommodation meets your needs. All of the accommodation available at the housing event will be owned or managed by MLAS accredited landlords or agents. Further information on this accreditation scheme can be found at www.mlas.org.uk.

If you are interested in this event then please email Living as soon as possible to register your interest at [email protected].

Just email them and they will send out info-its at the actual university
0121 414 8000
Phone them up
I'll be going
Reply 6
Original post by beepatel

Neither did I :frown: Did you apply through clearing?

On http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/Current-Accommodation-Information.aspx it says to email [email protected] to register your interest and they'll send you more info nearer the 12th.
Reply 7
same situation here :'(
Reply 8
Original post by f_deane
This year we received extremely high numbers of applications and demand for accommodation, which unfortunately means that we do not have any available rooms within University owned accommodation to offer you. We appreciate that this can be an anxious time and wish to offer you support in your search for accommodation to ensure you have a great student experience, starting with choosing the right accommodation.

To assist you in your search we have put together a Freshers’ house hunting event aimed at finding students house shares in private rented accommodation with accredited landlords. This event will take place Friday 12th September at the University and allows you to meet with other students who are also seeking accommodation. You can speak with experienced staff members and informative student helpers who can offer advice and assistance on local areas and what to look for when choosing accommodation in the private sector. Advisors will be on hand to check contracts and ensure that your accommodation meets your needs. All of the accommodation available at the housing event will be owned or managed by MLAS accredited landlords or agents. Further information on this accreditation scheme can be found at www.mlas.org.uk.

If you are interested in this event then please email Living as soon as possible to register your interest at [email protected].

Just email them and they will send out info-its at the actual university
0121 414 8000
Phone them up
I'll be going

Ahh thanks for this. Looks like its only houses though? Ill give them a call tomorrow but I dont think i could live in a house where u have to share a bathroom with randoms tbh loll :/ when did u apply for accommodation?
Reply 9
Original post by shiggle
Neither did I :frown: Did you apply through clearing?

On http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/Current-Accommodation-Information.aspx it says to email [email protected] to register your interest and they'll send you more info nearer the 12th.

Thank you.. no i applied for a PGCE course but i can only get an unconditional offer after i pass the numeracy skills test. only passed it last week so i didnt want to apply just in case i didnt pass lol kinda regretting it now :/
Reply 10
Metchley hall (private hall) near the university has a few rooms available. It is quite expensive but the lady said its mostly university of birmingham students and a mixture of undergrad and postgrad
Reply 12
Original post by Juxtapose
Hey - I'm doing a PGCE as well. Which subject are you going to do? Good luck with accommodation!

Hey I managed to get accommodation at oscott gardens because someone withdrew. . So lucky! And im doing primary (early years) what about you?
Reply 13
A lot of people this year have not got halls...including me. However I think now I will just commute as I do not live very far...just really wanted the full experience :frown:
Reply 14

Fml-dont have facebook
Reply 15
I'm going to be booking a few viewings to some en-suites houses in Selly Oak for next week sometime. I'm a bit lost as to what to look for, I know about looking for the 4 bills included and looking at the quality of the building and checking for damp and stuff. I don't think I can make the 12th, what are you guys doing if you can't make it like me? Is there anything else that I should be doing? Does the uni provide any extra help (except for the house hunting event)?
I got in contact with the uni where on the 14- 17 sep there will be a period where students get to meet, learn each other and maybe gather and rent a flat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I just got CLV. booked it. was on a waiting list and luckily got in. Its worth adding yourselves to the waiting lists
Original post by f_deane
I just got CLV. booked it. was on a waiting list and luckily got in. Its worth adding yourselves to the waiting lists

Lucky you.. im also on the waiting list ... When did you enter?
Reply 19
Original post by Luffy_San
Lucky you.. im also on the waiting list ... When did you enter?

Monday wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending