The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC and Start dates - still waiting

I have been waiting for two and half months for my PRTC and start dates. Just wondered if anyone else has been waiting this long?
Everyone has different waiting times. Mine took a month to come through. Have you tried giving your AFCO a call? If you ask, you usually get an answer or at least an idea of what is going on.
Yeah I agree. Call your afco, if I hadn't heard something for a week or 2 id be straight on the phone to them. And if you haven't then how come?

10 days until I move to Campion flight, BB7 at RTS Halton.
Reply 3
I have emailed my AFCO twice but all they keep saying is that I'm still pending and they will let me know when they hear anything. I am just concerned that my application has gone missing.
Original post by EFord
I have emailed my AFCO twice but all they keep saying is that I'm still pending and they will let me know when they hear anything. I am just concerned that my application has gone missing.

That's not the case if they have told you that it's still pending. Just a case of keep waiting I'm afraid.
Reply 5
Original post by ryan9900
That's not the case if they have told you that it's still pending. Just a case of keep waiting I'm afraid.

Thank you very much for your response, it is most appreciated. I am just excited for the next stage
Original post by EFord
Thank you very much for your response, it is most appreciated. I am just excited for the next stage

It's a shame but it really is just a test of patience most of the time. I've got my prtc today so know exactly how you feel. Best of luck with it all!
Reply 7
It's a shame but it really is just a test of patience most of the time. I've got my prtc today so know exactly how you feel. Best of luck with it all!

Good luck with PRTC mate, enjoy it. Had a good laugh on my PRTC and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Just keep quiet and do as told and you'll be fine, also don't be late for anything and don't walk around anywhere outside in dribs and drabs talking loudly.
Original post by DJ22
Good luck with PRTC mate, enjoy it. Had a good laugh on my PRTC and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Just keep quiet and do as told and you'll be fine, also don't be late for anything and don't walk around anywhere outside in dribs and drabs talking loudly.

Thanks mate. I've been getting loads of advice from people who have recently returned so I have a fairly good idea what to expect, just got to go and do it now!
Reply 9
Thanks mate. I've been getting loads of advice from people who have recently returned so I have a fairly good idea what to expect, just got to go and do it now!

Yeah you'll be fine mate, and don't worry about the fitness tests, they're not as bad as you think. Plus you get plenty of rest after your bleep test whilst waiting for the other groups to do theirs.
Original post by DJ22
Yeah you'll be fine mate, and don't worry about the fitness tests, they're not as bad as you think. Plus you get plenty of rest after your bleep test whilst waiting for the other groups to do theirs.

I think the only bit I'm slightly apprehensive about is the bleep test but I know that once I've done it I'll wonder why I was even bothered about it!

Really hope I pass the Maths FS too as I'd rather not have to go to basic early to do it again.
Ryan if you've been practicing the online tests mate you will have no problem at all. They're so much easier than them. To make sure you're overly prepared.

And ive just received my one way ticket to Tring station :smile: woooooo

7 days until I move to Campion flight, BB7 at RTS Halton.
Original post by chris-d-lpool
Ryan if you've been practicing the online tests mate you will have no problem at all. They're so much easier than them. To make sure you're overly prepared.

And ive just received my one way ticket to Tring station :smile: woooooo

Glad to hear that! I think I should be fine I'd just really like to pass everything first time so I don't have extra hassle later on!

Bet it feels good now you got that! I've got my return ticket to Tring right next to me, will feel a lot better when it's a one way though :wink:
Glad to hear that! I think I should be fine I'd just really like to pass everything first time so I don't have extra hassle later on!

Bet it feels good now you got that! I've got my return ticket to Tring right next to me, will feel a lot better when it's a one way though :wink:

Yeah I worried about passing everything first time, especially as I'd never done a bleep test before. Do you know if it's L1 or L2 functional skills you need to get?

I can't wait mate just starting to load everything into my case and go through my kit list checking everything off. Off out for a run soon as well got to keep on top of it!

Original post by chris-d-lpool
Yeah I worried about passing everything first time, especially as I'd never done a bleep test before. Do you know if it's L1 or L2 functional skills you need to get?

I can't wait mate just starting to load everything into my case and go through my kit list checking everything off. Off out for a run soon as well got to keep on top of it!

I've got to do Maths L2. I've already got English L2 so I'm taking the certificate in and hopefully won't have to do it. It'll probably be really easy any way and I'm just over thinking it.

Can't imagine how good it must feel to be packing up ready to go for basic. I'll know exactly how it feels in just over 11 weeks though so not too long!
I've got to do Maths L2. I've already got English L2 so I'm taking the certificate in and hopefully won't have to do it. It'll probably be really easy any way and I'm just over thinking it.

Can't imagine how good it must feel to be packing up ready to go for basic. I'll know exactly how it feels in just over 11 weeks though so not too long!

I had to do both English and Maths L2 myself. You won't need to do it if you have the certificate though don't worry.

That 11 weeks will disappear sooner than you think, I went to PRTC on 1st July and now I'm going to BRTC next week I can't believe how quick it's come round. Just hope that I'm able to pass everything first time and I grad on 18/11. Would be spot on that. Can't believe it's 5 weeks before I can come home and see my daughter though it's gonna be so hard.

Best of luck mate. Let us know how you get on and most of all... Enjoy it!

Reply 17

Thank you and best of luck to you. Please let me know how you get on

Quick Reply

Latest