The Student Room Group
Reply 1
devilzwind
with this new system (for 2008 applicants and beyond) it translates my 39 IB points into 628 UCAS tariff points. so, what does this mean? I have no idea what to compare this to.

Well many universities less the top ones like Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, etc make offers in terms of UCAS tariff points. The tariff system allows for some comparative standardisation of the various examination systems.

Chances are, however, that universities will continue to make offers to IB students in terms of IB points. :smile:
Reply 2
The trouble with the UCAS tariff for IB is that it doesn't take into account whether your score is made up of X at Higher Level and Y at Standard Level and Z in bonus points.

As that sort of thing is important to some Uni's, they might not all bother with the tariff points for it.
Reply 3
maucej
The trouble with the UCAS tariff for IB is that it doesn't take into account whether your score is made up of X at Higher Level and Y at Standard Level and Z in bonus points.

As that sort of thing is important to some Uni's, they might not all bother with the tariff points for it.

The tariff system doesn't account for that in the 'A' levels, either. What universities do is to make offers like "300 UCAS points with an A in Chemistry", for example.
Reply 4
Like Knogle said, it's very unlikely the top Universities will make offers based one tariff points. That being said, I remember reading somewhere that Oxford will continue to make their IB offers at around 40 points.

Latest

Trending

Trending