The Student Room Group

Will this be enough?

I am thinking that I may want to study Pharmacy at University, but I am also thinking of studying a maths based degree, such as finance/actuarial science. Based on this I chose Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry as my A Level choices. My school does not allow me to do Further Maths and Biology as they clash. So I have chosen Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. However, I can change these if I want to. Will these be okay to apply for Pharmacy, considering I get the grades or is biology quite important?

Thanks
Original post by Diaz07
I am thinking that I may want to study Pharmacy at University, but I am also thinking of studying a maths based degree, such as finance/actuarial science. Based on this I chose Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry as my A Level choices. My school does not allow me to do Further Maths and Biology as they clash. So I have chosen Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. However, I can change these if I want to. Will these be okay to apply for Pharmacy, considering I get the grades or is biology quite important?

Thanks

You'll be okay, as long as you get ABB or above. You'll have to play a bit of catch-up with regards to the content when you're in your first year at a school of pharmacy, but you should be okay. If it interests you, why not get a CGP revision guide for AS/A2 human biology and read through that in your free time.
Reply 2
Original post by thegodofgod
You'll be okay, as long as you get ABB or above. You'll have to play a bit of catch-up with regards to the content when you're in your first year at a school of pharmacy, but you should be okay. If it interests you, why not get a CGP revision guide for AS/A2 human biology and read through that in your free time.

So I will stand a chance of getting a place with these subjects and the lack of biology will just leave me behind others doing the same degree?
Original post by Diaz07
So I will stand a chance of getting a place with these subjects and the lack of biology will just leave me behind others doing the same degree?

Yeah, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending