The Student Room Group

How many lessons and the revision

Is it possible to have 3 one hour lessons each week? If so, how long will it take to pass my driving lessons?

Also, what is the book people normally use to revise for their theory test?
Reply 1
I'd of thought so but it depends on how busy your instructor is, I could have 5hrs one week and then none another with mine. I recon you could be done in 3 months but again it depends how quick you grasp it. I'd make sure you book your test before you feel ready, I stupidly booked when I actually was test standard and then had to wait another couple months to take it and pay for more lessons than I needed (I had about 30 hrs). And I used 'passyourtheory' for free online.
Have fun with your lessons and good luck:smile:
Yeah, I don't see why 3 one hour lessons would be bad if you have the time and your instructor has the time to book you in. In terms of being ready for your driving test, it really depends on how you take information and how you progress with your lessons. Some learners progress slower than others. You have to see for yourself how fast you progress and then you can change your driving lessons per week, if instructor allows you to.

My sister has purchased the whole book pack for her theory test, so I used that. I went through 'The official DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers' book, 'Know your traffic signs' book, 'The official highway code' book and also looked into the 'The official DSA guide to driving - the essential skills' book to cover up any things that were not taught in other books. I passed my theory first time with 50/50 on multiple choice questions.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending